Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Quiet after the storm........

I note that after the big rush of interest and speculation regarding the purchase of the Microsoft flight simulation franchise, things have dropped from an interest level of "frenzied" to nearly dead forum in just a few days!  :lol:

We all just in watch and wait mode?

It will be interesting to see what happens when we finally get more news. I'm expecting a madhouse........  :ph34r:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Uhmm, Devon, this post has no screenshot. Do you want us to add one for you? :lol:

Best regards.

"Screenshot Junkie" Luis

Well...... In keeping with my post, I could give you this little oddity.......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I think that's typical with just about any major topic on Avsim. If anything new comes up, there are pages and pages of speculation that eventually dries up to a trickle.

If anything else comes up concerning this, it will start all over again.  Sometimes it makes for an interesting read and at other times it becomes tedious.  We'll just have to wait and see what the next hot topic will be.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I'll add some speculation!

Steam has launced the SteamOS... which i believe is a Linux offshoot. They claim they are porting all their games to this new OS. They may have bought the licensing to Flight in order to port it to the new OS.

Also. I don't recall anyone claiming Microsoft has given up all rights to it's flightsim products... only that it is licensing development out. It may be a mistake to believe that even Flight has been "sold". Perhaps development rights have only been licensed... and we don't even know if those rights are exclusive to all other development, or what format that may be.

Steam is very well versed in DLC and gaming. Large pocketbook. Already handling Flight, and DLC. Ready to move the product beyond PCs, and into tablets, phones, gaming devices...

Dick

g8Z3RWL.png

Just sitting around here on the tarmac talking about what is to become of Flight. It seems everyone has a differing opinion about what that is. Well, we will see before too long I hope.

Steve

Microsoft will not sell the license and will keep on supporting Microsoft Flight as the rumor we all thought was true, isn't. Steam will only port the games that were successful, which are the games they sell currently. They removed Flight a long time ago, so it is highly unlikely that Steam will put Flight back on its marketplace.

We hope the answer will come quick, but for now, let’s keep our hopes up and see what the Toolkit will bring to us. 

Well, just wait. Over at flighsim.com someone's claiming he's going to crowdfund a totally brand new flight sim.

Maybe we can persuade him to purchase the MS Flight license instead :lol:

Well, just wait. Over at flighsim.com someone's claiming he's going to crowdfund a totally brand new flight sim.

Heard that one before.................

Devons rig

I too am following the DoveTail thread. I find it from humorous to ridiculous. There are some really narrow minded people out there in this world. (Makes me think of the Tears for Fears song “"Everybody Wants to Rule the World “.) People change with time, but they don’t seem to learn. Is it a game, is it a simulator? They can’t seem to realize it’s what you choose to make of it, life is one big mind game. Can anyone tell me what a hardcore simmer really is? Just one of the things I really find humorous. And this is just my humble opinion. :P

Now for a shot, just before I went to Davy Jones locker. :lol:
8AT3qrN.jpg

7Vf3rxt.jpg

Back into silent mode........

(Submarine pinging noises)

Devons rig

It may be slow in here, but I have been super active working on the tools.  Getting closer to being able to have scenery addons in Flight.

It may be slow in here, but I have been super active working on the tools.  Getting closer to being able to have scenery addons in Flight.

Thank you stonelance, thats exciting news :)

Its nice to see some progress being made in the background! Thanks Stone!

Its quite awkward in this silence. So, I'd like to thank Devon for breaking it!  :lol:

Here you go Devon: