Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Quiet after the storm........

Nice; thanks for the shots and for the hard work! :)

Steve (Stonelance) is the one that deserves majority of the credit in the conversion. I'm just here to spread the word! The other few of us that have been helping have mostly just been offering moral support, testing, and help with the logistics of the conversion. :)

Brandon Filer

Uhhhhh.... I don't know what to say about those screenies... all I can say was that I was mindblown!

I know that Steve is responsible for most of what is being done and deserves most of the credit; my thanks to him for his hard work. And also to the rest of you providing support and assistance.

Can't wait to see more progress....

Ken

Two new screenshots for today. Steve pushed an updated build of the conversion tool to us testers.

Big Bear, CA:

apV61ag.jpg

Hampton, VA:

n297Qaw.jpg

As things progress, I'll show other countries as well. Currently, since we're relying heavily on existing autogen types already in Flight, the US is much more densely populated and mapped fairly well. Other countries on the other side of the world will need autogen from FSX converted over to look proper.

Brandon Filer

All I want is to see the flight Flight given a fair chance. This is excellent work.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I have scenery for my home area of Ottawa, Canada.  Is it likely that I would be able to convert it?  Or rely on the default?

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Wow, that is progress for sure! Much more autogen apparent in those 2 shots. More, more.... :rolleyes:

Ken

This is really exciting. Just to manage expectations a bit, just what is possible with Stonelance's toolkit? Does it import textures only or can it be used for meshes as well? (Thinking about Alaska...)

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I have scenery for my home area of Ottawa, Canada.  Is it likely that I would be able to convert it?  Or rely on the default?

Given that the scenery is based from the ESP. The tools which Steve is producing does not support "tweaked" scenery. 

All I want is to see the flight Flight given a fair chance. This is excellent work.

I'm sure that this will be met. With the video which Brandon is producing and the dedication which Steve is putting in, Dovetail can't say "no" to developing Flight!

I meant to type flight engine.

Not sure how that happened.  :blush:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Nice shots cant wait to see the video ..

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Judging from some of the pictures, I guess it will still hold that FLIGHT can handle a lot more Autogen. Would love to see how it handles something like Aerosofts Manhattan.

I'm suspecting that we would have something like FSX, with the speed of FS9.

Devons rig

It will be a pleasure to fly to my home in New Brunswick Canada.

Never thought It would happen in MS Flight.

Keep up the great work. Thank you again for your hard work.

Moe