Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Quiet after the storm........

Its nice to see some progress being made in the background! Thanks Stone!

Its quite awkward in this silence. So, I'd like to thank Devon for breaking it!  :lol:

Here you go Devon:

Thanks! The forum should make that sound when there are no new posts.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thanks for that tidbit of info Stone, hope you'll be able to expand on just what that means sometime soon.... :smile:

Ken

Steve, is not a man of many words...  :lol:  He just keeps us all wondering!

So are these going to be all original tools or are they ways to access the original tools?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

original tools

I don't think he's allowed to release the original tools; they have usage restrictions. As always, the tools that Steve releases are "ways to access the original tools."

Well, at least, this is what I thought you meant.  :unsure:

The original SDK is MS property, and was never officially released so there is no way to use it unfortunately.  The tools I am working on are a collection of either new things I have written from scratch that emulate the original tools, or converters that will convert content made with FSX SDK tools into a format that is compatible with Flight.  I am working on a few major file formats that still need to be able to be converted right now (airports and aerial imagery).  Once that is done we will try to convert the base FSX scenery to Flight as a test to make sure the tools are working properly, and then perhaps test it out on other content.

It isn't something that will be available super soon, so keep your patient hats on :)

My patient hat is always on. Xcept maybe for Xplane, where my patient hat is a bit frazzled.  :lol:

Devons rig

The decision to not release an SDK is one of the significant factors which brought the game down, but hopefully, DTG will use Flight's technology and we could fully make use of Steve's toolkit and the SDK which will be released!

Let us hope so. Thank you so much stone for all that you have done and will do. Keep the faith. :Applause:

Steve A

Maybe the thread title should be "calm before the storm"; more true to the saying, and with what Steve has planned, probably more applicable. :P

(Not that I'm implying that it's any time soon -- as Steve said, you'll just have to wait and be patient. :))

I am an extremely long time lurker, and dedicated FS fan. This news has my hopes up although we're into August now and nothing so far. Hope news comes soon.

Anyway, I wanted to say that I think stone should setup a donate button on his site, I'd be keen to support the toolkit for sure, perhaps others would too. Although I guess the point at which stone accepts money blurs the lines of suddenly then feeling responsible - a feeling I wouldn't like myself. Just a thought / conversation point.

Anyways, nice to be following you guys and gals, and fingers crossed for news soon.

Hey stonelance... ill say thanks for the people who have no idea what you have done so far. 

All hail!

Annnnnnnnnnnd.......

Another quiet period.

Devons rig