Sign in to follow this  
Yosm

77L autobrake, She stops in a dime!

To get the best out of SPX, you probably need:

http://secure.simmarket.com/fsps-frictionality-fsx.phtml

It overrides the sim1dll, and you use it without the friction lua in fsuipc. I do have it, but not tested it yet. I need to get SPX first which I will today.

SPX is frictionality with a few of their other addon's included.  So basically all those products updated and improved and packaged together.

You don't need sim1.dll or the lua script with SPX. I only use the lua script because I have created a custom file specifically for the 777

Rob Prest

That's strange Bryan, I use the dynamc friction script (Modified after doing tests on a 777 sim) And I also get tires blowing out. Did you disable Anti skid as I suggested?

Yeah I did turn off the anti skid, the friction script I use is apparently disabled once I launch SPX, I know this because with SPX shut down the script allows the plane to roll easily on idle thrust when light. Once I launch SPX the plane starts to slow down to a stop. Funny that you got the tires to blow out, did you use maximum manual braking or did you use the autobrake RTO function?

SPX is frictionality with a few of their other addon's included

From the dev @FSPS

no Sim Physics does not incorporate the same features as Frictionality which sole purpose is correcting of FSX's default Friction per aircraft and per weather conditions (dry-wet-snow).

Sim Physics "messes" with friction only to present the differences on different contamination levels on runways. In addition, the list of Sim Physics features is too big to be inserted here. Totally different applications with totally different purposes...

********************************************************************************************************

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

RTO will kick in then I apply max manual brakes. 

@Jason - Very interesting, I own frictionality,  stopped using it after after I setup SPX.  Will fire off an email to the devs to clarify.

Edit - hmmm ok, I thought I owned frictionality, looking at the screenshots that is not what I have installed :/   That program looks perfect for what I want to achieve 

Cheers

Rob Prest

I seem to be using the LUA Script and It has worked RE: friction, tested SPX disabled some camera effects because they not to my liking. Will test more on my next short hop with SPX running.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Edit - How old was that devs post? I

The last post was April this year Rob. here is the link

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/75853-simphysicsx-or-frictionality/

I just purchased SPX, so I better learn how to use it :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The last post was April this year Rob. here is the link

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/75853-simphysicsx-or-frictionality/

I just purchased SPX, so I better learn how to use it :)

Cheers, I actually edited my post :)  Looks like I will have to investigate frictionality when I am back in Bahrain :)

Rob Prest

Cheers, I actually edited my post :)  Looks like I will have to investigate frictionality when I am back in Bahrain :)

Ok Rob. It does come with a profile for the NGX but not the 777. I am going to create one, but if you decide to get it, I would be interested in your review of it.

So all in all. It seems that the PMDG 777-200LR braking is about right for a real 777-200LR on a dry grooved runway with tyres and asphalt in perfect condition.

Not at all. Just see some videos (uncut!) and you'll see roll out time from touchdown to manual braking (~40-60kts) is about 18-22 seconds (autobrakte 2). On FSX even with autobrake 1 you roll out only 12 seconds. The ground friction is much tooo big in fsx.

I just purchased SPX after reading through this thread. To clarify, do I need anything else (LUA Script or Frictionality) or will SPX do the trick? 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

I now have SPX and Frictionality sitting in my shopping cart. I also would like to hear if a LUA script is needed if you have SPX and Frictionality installed (FWIW I'm currently using Accufeel).

SPX will work on its own but if you currently use the dynamicfriction lua, the LUA won't work, at least for me.

I just purchased SPX after reading through this thread. To clarify, do I need anything else (LUA Script or Frictionality) or will SPX do the trick?

Mine seems to work fine with the LUA script and SPX - takes a bit more throttle to get her moving, which is good.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Frictionality is $6 right now, so is it a good buy without SPX?

Frictionality is $6 right now, so is it a good buy without SPX?

Yeah the PC Aviator Sale, grab a bargain while ya can..

spacer.png