Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FSX Fiber Accelerator?

@Harry and Bill , we considered it and still do. But it is actually 5 x 5 = 25 minutes. When 1st demo session dies, FSX continues to run, you just run another time etc etc... 25 minutes is enough time, for me who I look the tiniest detail during debugging all these months, I am sure it will be enough for you.

Sorry, don't agree. 5x5=25 is only correct in arithmetic sense but not in flight simulation experience. For sure you know to look the tiniest details. You're the developer! But how could we, first time users?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

@ dazz , no this is a core FSX function we cannot "play" with, at least at the present.

@nemo. If someone does what is told to do in the product descripton: That is: go to his worst possible scenario, put the worst weather , with his worst aircraft (where "worst" is the most heavy, most frame killer etc) 25 minutes are more than enough to SEE what the product is about. 

If not he - maybe - will never see the difference. 

That is why we believe 25 minutes are enough and nothing can be (or will be) done about it...

AND... I am trying to answer technical questions on product details here. Not getting into promotional strategies , demo length or other debates. If we hadn't even publish a try before you buy demo, I would have been probably hanged on forum corner I guess :)

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

Yeah, just load your worst situation and stay there forever.

I think $40 dollars is not worth for a full try.

I have FSPS Xtreme v2, FSPS Booster 2013 and FSPS Sim Physics X, dont even use anyone.

I'll pass... Thanks.

@nemo. If someone does what is told to do in the product descripton: That is: go to his worst possible scenario, put the worst weather , with his worst aircraft (where "worst" is the most heavy, most frame killer etc) 25 minutes are more than enough to SEE what the product is about. 

If not he - maybe - will never see the difference. 

That is why we believe 25 minutes are enough and nothing can be (or will be) done about it...

AND... I am trying to answer technical questions on product details here. Not getting into promotional strategies , demo length or other debates. If we hadn't even publish a try before you buy demo, I would have been probably hanged on forum corner I guess :)

Agreed that we don't agree.

Just one technical question. Is it important which AffinityMask has been set in the cfg?

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I cant even try the demo. I tried starting the exe and it crashed 4 times. I now cant run it because it says its locked...Oh well....not for me then..

@ dazz , no this is a core FSX function we cannot "play" with, at least at the present.

Exactly which visual settings does the program manipulate in real time?  I would think that if autogen and texture rendering are reduced to maintain frames, VAS usage would also be indirectly reduced.

Thanks for the swift response BD

Just one technical question. Is it important which AffinityMask has been set in the cfg?

The application does not care for what is inside the cfg. We don't even read it so it is compatible to all cfgs out there.

I cant even try the demo. I tried starting the exe and it crashed 4 times. I now cant run it because it says its locked...Oh well....not for me then..

Most people tried without .net 3.5 indeed. Some other without FSUIPC. Some others without having SP2 or Accel. pack installed.

Exactly which visual settings does the program manipulate in real time?  I would think that if autogen and texture rendering are reduced to maintain frames, VAS usage would also be indirectly reduced.

Allow us to keep some secrets here, for protection of our idea. We don't mess with default FSX options however, this may help you. Only non default tweaks and other direct-access to fsx executable changes are made and only while the app is running.

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

It take 5 mins to load up FSX at KJFK/EGLL??? with my aged external HDD, What do I test??

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I tried this. Didnt work for me.  i deleted it. 

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Your demo policy (and feelings about it) lost you a possible sale here.

It must be hard for someone who tries to come on here and answer questions about his product to be constantly hammered about the demo period. Most programs in our hobby don't have any demo period at all. And you don't see their developers coming on the first day to try and clarify things.

Anyway, like most folks I am intrigued, but I will wait a few days. That should provide some clarity, although we will hear overwhelmingly from folks who have problems, which is natural.

- Bill Magann