Sign in to follow this  
bwells

Prepar3D and FSX scenery

Hello Fellow Simmers,

A question for you all I can't seem to find any answer to my question which is how do you make P3D see your scenery thats installed in FSX. I have tons of scenery and I don't want to have to reinstall it all again I'm using FSX and P3D on same computer. Please tell me what the steps(Step by Step) are to do this I would greatly appreciate it.

Bwells

Apart from the fact that some FSX scenery doesn't work in P3D2, you cannot "make P3D see" your scenery installed in FSX by referencing to it in the scenery.cfg because a lot of add-ons install additional files in FSX native folders such as Effects or Scenery\world\scenery. There are some tools out there which claim to be able to copy scenery over from FSX but I don't trust them. If you want the add-ons to work properly (if they are compatible with P3D2) then you have to install them directly into P3D2.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Carlo is correct. I have installed nearly all of my FSX sceneries into P3D2 using the Estonia Migration Tool (EMT).  All seem to have installed without issue, though there are minor problems with some of the Aerosoft airports. The UK2000 and Sim720 airports have installed without problems at all.  However, I have not tried to install ORBX FSX sceneries into P3D2; ORBX have announced that the intend to develop "Triple Installer" versions for all of their FSX scenery, and they are working on it.  So far the four UK regions and Eire region  have been re-released with the triple installers, and most of the North America regions are now out with triple installers. Most of the ORBX FTX airports are still awaiting P3D2 installers.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049