Sign in to follow this  
styckx

Gone for a bit, back and one question

SLI won't benefit P3D much unless they give all the pilots flame-throwing magic broadswords and long hairy beards.

Stevie lol good one brother - hope all is well

Rich Sennett

BTW Richard.. My apologies for jumping on you about the RAM thing.. I could have handled that a little less childish. I'm 37 for pete sake... :) Cheers.. Take care.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

BTW Richard.. My apologies for jumping on you about the RAM thing.. I could have handled that a little less childish. I'm 37 for pete sake... :) Cheers.. Take care.

No problem - wish I was 37 again - let me tell yah around 35-ish I noticed life goes by real fast beware brother - I have no idea where the last 15 years went -sux 

Rich Sennett

I'm good Rich, thank you - same to you too, bro.

Bill, I've got a GTX680 class PC and P3Dv2.2 runs quite well with a little bit of adjustment. I've got HT enabled, and I've disabled HDR in the sim.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I'm good Rich, thank you - same to you too, bro.

Bill, I've got a GTX680 class PC and P3Dv2.2 runs quite well with a little bit of adjustment. I've got HT enabled, and I've disabled HDR in the sim.

Glad to hear it my friend   :Hug: 

Rich Sennett

Weird, in another thread you said that 2.2 is "leaps and bounds" compared to 2.0.

I don't know whether SLI will work or not with windowed mode (AMD said they won't provide CrossFire support because of this), but I agree they should ditch the fake fullscreen. G-Sync only works with fullscreen applications as well.

Weird, in another thread you said that 2.2 is "leaps and bounds" compared to 2.0.

I don't know whether SLI will work or not with windowed mode (AMD said they won't provide CrossFire support because of this), but I agree they should ditch the fake fullscreen. G-Sync only works with fullscreen applications as well.

Yep.. First impressions digging through the display settings and doing some quick touch and goes with default aircraft. They added a lot of options that weren't in the initial offerings.  Once I really got playing it for a decent duration in 3rd party Carenado planes I started seeing the same old problems arising.. Just worse.   

It's fine.. It is what it is at this point..  Already deleted and back to grinding out dungeons in Skyrim. :)

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Yep.. First impressions digging through the display settings and doing some quick touch and goes with default aircraft. They added a lot of options that weren't in the initial offerings.  Once I really got playing it for a decent duration in 3rd party Carenado planes I started seeing the same old problems arising.. Just worse.   

It's fine.. It is what it is at this point..  Already deleted and back to grinding out dungeons in Skyrim. :)

If your biggest problem is the blurries, then you really should keep an eye on 2.3 because they've said that terrain paging performance will be one of the main improvements.

If your biggest problem is the blurries, then you really should keep an eye on 2.3 because they've said that terrain paging performance will be one of the main improvements.

I will check it out.. Yeah blurries were the only problem. Framerates etc were fine.. Loading times were fine.. My HDD wasn't churning away or anything.. I'm using 377.88 drivers and not the bugged beta drivers. I had great frames on Vanilla AA, great frames w/ NI 4X SGSSAA.. Just the texture rendering was horrendous.  Ya know in hindsight I could have problem turned things down even more but then you start venturing into near photoscenery territory since so much auto-gen is removed. I didn't even touch shadows.. Just left them as default.   I pretty much left everything default except. Mesh / Texture sliders.  This engine is so weird with its scenery tiles and it's so finicky from one system to the next. Always has, probably always will.  You guys who have been here long enough know. Two experienced people with similar machines, similar setups and can have completely different results with how the sim runs.. Dating all the way back to FSX. 

I will check it out.. Yeah blurries were the only problem. Framerates etc were fine.. Loading times were fine.. My HDD wasn't churning away or anything.. I'm using 377.88 drivers and not the bugged beta drivers. I had great frames on Vanilla AA, great frames w/ NI 4X SGSSAA.. Just the texture rendering was horrendous.  Ya know in hindsight I could have problem turned things down even more but then you start venturing into near photoscenery territory since so much auto-gen is removed. I didn't even touch shadows.. Just left them as default.   I pretty much left everything default except. Mesh / Texture sliders.  This engine is so weird with its scenery tiles and it's so finicky from one system to the next. Always has, probably always will.  You guys who have been here long enough know. Two experienced people with similar machines, similar setups and can have completely different results with how the sim runs.. Dating all the way back to FSX. 

You may want to try thes NI settings - perfect image all the time which I could never achieve in fsx

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/429212-aa-workaround-for-nvidia-cards/

My little blurb on it

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/444343-outstanding-ni-settings/

Rich Sennett

Love it, for better or worse, or Leave It...............absolutely nothing is "perfect"!

Love it, for better or worse, or Leave It...............absolutely nothing is "perfect"!

1. SLI works in windowed mode. A simple search proves this AND I have tried it as well.

2. SLI is not just for "flame throwing broadswords". It provides huge improvements when/if a company bothers to optimize for it.

But then again, I noticed the users who poopoo SLI are content with 20-30 fps and/or are flying at 30,000 ft just pushing buttons.

1. SLI works in windowed mode. A simple search proves this AND I have tried it as well.

2. SLI is not just for "flame throwing broadswords". It provides huge improvements when/if a company bothers to optimize for it.

But then again, I noticed the users who poopoo SLI are content with 20-30 fps and/or are flying at 30,000 ft just pushing buttons.

I said "magic broadswords", can't you read?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com