Sign in to follow this  
CVO110

DX10Compatable Reflections Checkbox never presented on install

Steve, I've installed version 2.3 and included the missing file before installing the libraries. The install never gives me the check box option for DX10 Compatible Reflections. The other 2 options are there. Under the Legacy tab, the DX10Compatable Reflections Enable button isgrayed out. Normally a grayed out option means I already have something installed but I can't recall adding anything between 2.2 and 2.3.

I've uninstalled the libraries and let Control Panel uninstall it. Went back to 2.2 and then back to 2.3. Same results. Tried this several times. Also replace the ShadersHLSL directory with the stock version. Deleted the cache and let FSX rebuild it.

This was a straight up install with nothing changed in the tool. It appeared to be working fine. I was trying to find out what's wrong with the stock FSX CRJ-700 aircraft. Somewhere along the line the effects on that particular stock aircraft were changed by something. I can't say it's the fixer because I don't really know.

I have removed the fixer totally down past it's shorts. I made sure There were no occurrences of the fixer left anywhere on my drive. There was a DX10fixer bitmap directory left and I deleted that. The installer was left in the Windows installer directory. I deleted that.  

I installed the 2.3 version and added the missing file to the Program Data\DX10Scenry Fixer directory. Brought up the fixer, and told it to install the libraries. Same result. As my last resort, I re-downloaded the 2.3 version again. Same results.

Reflections are enabled in FSX.

Any ideas?

Danny

Have a look in your fsx installation textures directory. There are 3 files of interest can you tell me their sizes

Envmap.bmp

Dx9envmap.bmp

GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds

Have a look in your fsx installation textures directory. There are 3 files of interest can you tell me their sizes

Envmap.bmp

Dx9envmap.bmp

GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds

Steve, here are the sizes requested.

Envmap.bmp    64KB

Dx9envmap.bmp  64KB

GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds  1.5 MB

Thanks for the quick reply

Danny

The 64kb ones should be 42.7kb. Have you run any kind of texture conversion tools ever? This has happened to about 4 other people and I just cannot understand why. The dx9envmap is a backup copy of envmap that dx10sf creates but it only creates it if the envmap is the original size 42.7kb so I cannot see how it can ever become 64kb. Do you have another fsx installation or backup that you can restore the original envmap from?

The 64kb ones should be 42.7kb. Have you run any kind of texture conversion tools ever? This has happened to about 4 other people and I just cannot understand why. The dx9envmap is a backup copy of envmap that dx10sf creates but it only creates it if the envmap is the original size 42.7kb so I cannot see how it can ever become 64kb. Do you have another fsx installation or backup that you can restore the original envmap from?

I haven't run any tools or anything at all. Sure. I have the originals at hand. Uninstall the libraries first I assume? Install the envmap and then install the libraries?

I haven't run any tools or anything at all. Sure. I have the originals at hand. Uninstall the libraries first I assume? Install the envmap and then install the libraries?

Uninstalled the Fixer, replaced the envmap and it now has a 42.7kb size. It still isn't offering me the option after a new install. I replaced the GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds file next even though there were no differences. Still not being offered the option. I haven't checked the other two boxes yet so the install isn't compete just in case you want to try something else..

Danny

Steve, Under the Legacy tab, the DX10Compatable Reflections Enable button is now showing Enable and not greyed out. But on install, I still don't get the option box to check it.

Danny

That's ok, the instructions are

delete the dx9envmap

Restore original envmap (42.7kb ). Which you have done.

and then run install.