Sign in to follow this  
SuperG

Beta Testers do you have the RTM build yet?

i like jokes as much as the next guy, but when individuals start to make jokes which could be interprided as rude or insulting, that's where it is a bit much... would you not agree? Whats the point of posting anything if it only leads to replies which make one feel stupid?

That's why its called a forum where you have mods,  which they decide  on whats acceptable and whats not. If you don't like it  than you simple ignore it or  don't visit the thread. 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

a98fk.jpg

a98i2.jpg

a98j9.jpg

a98l0.jpg

a98mp.jpg

Humor is the best way to deal with situations like this  :lol:

Henk de Vries

scandinavian13, on 12 Jul 2014 - 3:17 PM, said:

It was a joke. Seriously. A whole bunch of other people are also making jokes. For some reason, you're singling me out.

Just wait Kyle, they will be calling for ransoms and have you crawling through broken glass soon, as they did to me. :lol:

My contribution:

52431566_zps851674f2.jpg

It was a joke. Seriously. A whole bunch of other people are also making jokes. For some reason, you're singling me out.

In any case, join in on the jollity, or be left out as the only one unnecessarily raining on the parade.

As far as I can tell, nobody else took it the wrong way. They all saw it for what it was, which, as mentioned: was a joke.

Ha ha. Funny.

If you didn't find it funny, given the joking attitude surrounding the rest of the posts, you could've just let it go instead of trying to take the thread back to serious land, where no fun is allowed...

Oh. Right. Gotta be serious here:

grumpy-cat-fun-humor-poster.jpg

Kyle 1.01, observe and comply...

cout # # - # ^ # # 4 (t=0 ; t < NUM_ THREADS ; T÷÷) POSITRONIC UPLOAD - # # # # / () ^^^ > +++

That should do it.

Kyle 1.01, observe and comply...

cout # # - # ^ # # 4 (t=0 ; t < NUM_ THREADS ; T÷÷) POSITRONIC UPLOAD - # # # # / () ^^^ > +++

That should do it.

You missed a ";", this could produce unexpected result!

serious? smart comments should be kept to yourself... this is a public forum. I have noticed that on most posts you always leave a smart a## comment.

You must be real fun in real life. 

Tardar always has a good comeback doesn't he Kyle :lol:

Chris Sunseri

Forums should not be used to insult or belittle others with insulting jokes crazy remarks. Having fun is great, thats why we are all here, but if you look at some posts, certain people (same ones too), repetitively post comments that are unwelcoming.

Forums should not be used to insult or belittle others with insulting jokes crazy remarks. Having fun is great, thats why we are all here, but if you look at some posts, certain people (same ones too), repetitively post comments that are unwelcoming.

Tell you what. If it bothers you that much, why not just hit the report button under the post and let the moderators handle it however they see fit.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

You missed a ";", this could produce unexpected result!

So that's where I've been going wrong. Do you think that's why the sarcasm algorithm is running code inapproptiately?

I honestly think you're assuming something is there when it isn't.  You seem to be assuming that I was making a joke at the expense of anyone who posted above my own initial post.  You would be assuming incorrectly.

I'll offer this as a real world parallel:

Matthew (SuperG), LJ (g_precentralis), Philip (Zuendholz), Chris (Helo_Head), David (Cpt_morgan), Martin (martin-w), and myself are hanging out among a larger group of people (a forum, if you will).  They can see us, and they can definitely hear the conversation, and can join in at any time.  Matthew makes a comment about the release date, and the others begin to discuss it.  I, knowing the general group dynamic, and the people within (up to this point), make a joking remark to Matthew: "I find your lack of patience disturbing."  Matthew is not offended.

In a real life situation, would a person within earshot confront me about it?  Probably not.  They'd probably assume he'll take me to task on his own, or he knows me well enough that he recognizes it's meant as a harmless joke.

I get that this is a forum, but if my best friend were on here and I took a harmless yet sarcastic shot at him, is that wrong because it's on a forum?  I wouldn't think so.  Granted, I'd only consider myself acquaintances with all of the people I mentioned, but that doesn't mean that we don't mutually understand each other or respect each other.  Martin is always making jokes about me with his code remarks.  I think it's funny.  People shouldn't take offense on my behalf because I think it's funny.  Same goes for the remarks by me, aimed at the others.

Kyle Rodgers

Not really, there are so many replies on various post that go direct and some quite inappropriate. And yes, if my friend posted something i might crack a joke too, but if i dont know a person, then no i would not as i do not know what his sense of humor is. What one finds funny, another might not.