Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

aeroflyFS 2.0: Global scenery & new flight physics

http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthread.php/6666-New-version-or-new-update?p=29800#post29800

This post confirms that the next aeroflyFS version will include the ability to fly anywhere in the entire world, and that the flight physics will be improved. All aircraft from the first version will be included as well, but the Facebook posts also show plenty of new aircraft including jets and a helicopter.

I'm very excited about this.

Very very interesting ! To be continued ... I hope.

Thank you

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I agree that those news are really interesting, combined with what's been said in the development status thread, I think we're looking at a much more complete simulator. I'll definitely keep checking on news, since it will be released in 2014 according to their plans.

Thx, that's good to know.

Aerofly is rather low profile. Instead of going public, months / years before  a release announcing it's features, they tend to only open the "hostilities" when the product is about to be made available.

This saves users a lot of stress waiting for a release date, whet features will be included, etc...

For me, rather discontent with either XP10 or FSX, anything new in the civil flightsim area will be great. I got tired of believing in X-Plane, and FSX feels just so ... on-rails :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thx, that's good to know.

Aerofly is rather low profile. Instead of going public, months / years before  a release announcing it's features, they tend to only open the "hostilities" when the product is about to be made available.

This saves users a lot of stress waiting for a release date, whet features will be included, etc...

For me, rather discontent with either XP10 or FSX, anything new in the civil flightsim area will be great. I got tired of believing in X-Plane, and FSX feels just so ... on-rails :-)

I'm glad they're not opening up greatly and creating hype, but it would be nice if they dropped a word in the forums more often, just to let us know that it is going well. I agree that anything new is great, because both FSX/P3D and X-Plane are running on very old tech, and will just never catch up to some things. With plenty of choices, there will be something for everyone.

To complement my original post, here are pictures of new aircraft in development for the next version, taken from Facebook:

Boeing 737 development shot

1920604_597420843684164_1992929026_n.jpg

Helicopter

1609697_608450885914493_90336837_n.jpg

Jet exteriors

1512306_577638012329114_2130355500_n.jpg

1604847_660889727337275_7951686230489452

Business jet

1978868_615790251847223_1597727837_n.jpg

Keeping a close eye on their development, v2 will surprise some simmers and elevate the overall flight experience in the sim arena.

Wow, I still haven't given the original a good go round.

I've been trying to find a chance to buy the original, but the poor $ to € conversion has put me off. I'm definitely getting the second one though, since it looks like it will be much more advanced.

I've been trying to find a chance to buy the original, but the poor $ to € conversion has put me off. I'm definitely getting the second one though, since it looks like it will be much more advanced.

I picked it up when it was on last years Steam Summer Sale or Winter Sale can;t remember.

Looks very promising visually and agree that it will be nice to have another option from Prepar3d and X Plane.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Yes, specially given the attention to flight Dynamics that AeroflyFS has in mind.

The present version is already much more plausible than any of those two other sims when it comes to flight and even some weather effects. Of course, with products like ASN FSX can look and feel much better than with it's default weather!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

AeroflyFS has been collecting dust in my Steam library for quite a while now. It'll be interesting to see where this goes. Good news!

Promising news, and deserving of support.   But I would want to see some systems modelling in addition to the world coverage and flight engine improvements.    All aircraft in AeroflyFS at present have no systems beyond basic flight controls, flaps, trims, etc.

All in good time, perhaps.

Promising news, and deserving of support.   But I would want to see some systems modelling in addition to the world coverage and flight engine improvements.    All aircraft in AeroflyFS at present have no systems beyond basic flight controls, flaps, trims, etc.

All in good time, perhaps.

Here's what else they're also planning for aeroflyFS 2.0: http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthread.php/6110-aerofly-FS-Development-Status