Sign in to follow this  
Michar83

EZCA ezdok camera set PMDG B777-300ER

Yesterday I came along this video showing persons standing beside the T7 main gear wheels (at 1m38s):  :blink:

It was quite an eye opener for me to realize how big these tires and the whole main gear component is in relation to the size of the human body.
So everyone who is using EZDOK EZCA for walkarounds might probably "adjust" the respective aircraft cam view preset accordingly... (more to the frog perspective)  B)

How does one configure EZDOK for the move-able outside walkable camera? I have had the program for ages and really used it exclusively for navigating the VC cockpit only. This would be great to figure out as well. 

Download from my dropbox here.

Just thought I'd share for anyone not as accustomed with EZCA tool to design your own camera set.

Don't forget to run the EZCA config.exe after you've installed any new aircraft.

The cockpit views are bound to keypresses 1 to 0, which have a sequence I myself find very intuitive while going through flows and checklists and such. Also shift+2 and shift+4 you might find convenient.

Outboard views are bound to keypresses ctrl+1 to ctrl+0.

I claim no rights to this file, use and modify to your liking.

Enjoy!

thanks for this appreciated

thanks for this much appreciated

jeff storey

How does one configure EZDOK for the move-able outside walkable camera? I have had the program for ages and really used it exclusively for navigating the VC cockpit only. This would be great to figure out as well.

You should add a camera in the "Aircraft" list of cameras and name it as you like (mine is "walkaround"). (for details "how to" please refer to the manual... One tip: you have to be in "EDIT mode" to edit the newly created camera's position)

Then enabling certain view control settings (which I marked yellow) is important:

PTP: "point-to-point" generates smooth transitions between camera positions

360°: you can turn your head without the "natural neck limitation"

POV: "point of view" is very important for walkarounds as this enables you to move/walk/levitate over the surface using CTRL + Arrows/PgUp PgDn (default keys, IIRC)

ML: "mouse look" lets you stear your eyes' orientation divergent from your body's walking direction. So you can e.g. go sidewards (e.g. CTRL+ left Arrow) along the wing while looking up to the leading edge via mouse movement...  B)

I don't have "Z"oom or "TIR" (TrackIR) enabled. You may use "Z" though if you would like using a "telescope" but "TIR"+"ML" is quite contradictive... :blink:

You can leave "RND" (random camera movement) "on", because it might give some natural turbulence when using the "walkaround" while in the air for some really beautiful flybys :rolleyes:

ezdok-ezca-walkaround.PNG?dl=0

Download from my dropbox here.

Just thought I'd share for anyone not as accustomed with EZCA tool to design your own camera set.

Don't forget to run the EZCA config.exe after you've installed any new aircraft.

The cockpit views are bound to keypresses 1 to 0, which have a sequence I myself find very intuitive while going through flows and checklists and such. Also shift+2 and shift+4 you might find convenient.

Outboard views are bound to keypresses ctrl+1 to ctrl+0.

I claim no rights to this file, use and modify to your liking.

Enjoy!

Thank you! You wouldn't happen to have one for the 77L? Its really nice of you to share this. It will be a great factor to assist my move from OpusFSX to ASN since PFPX willnot support OpusFSX and I am not getting a subscription to their weather server ever.

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png

You wouldn't happen to have one for the 77L?

Here you go: 772LF link, 77W link

Only thing different between the sets is the position of the outside views, as they're adjusted to the different length of the 77L/F compared to 77W.

I also updated the 77W file for anyone who's interested. Only small cockpit camera tweaks.

Keep in mind that, due to I don't know which exact bug in FSX, the cockpit views might not exactly be right on spot.

You'll have to keep arrange your exact views to line em up perfectly with your instruments during your sim-time and you'll see them shift during flight.

Enjoy.

Here you go: 772LF link, 77W link

Only thing different between the sets is the position of the outside views, as they're adjusted to the different length of the 77L/F compared to 77W.

I also updated the 77W file for anyone who's interested. Only small cockpit camera tweaks.

Keep in mind that, due to I don't know which exact bug in FSX, the cockpit views might not exactly be right on spot.

You'll have to keep arrange your exact views to line em up perfectly with your instruments during your sim-time and you'll see them shift during flight.

Enjoy.

Thanks for sharing these profiles. When importing the 77L into ezdok I get an error "Any data of "Aft Overhead 22" camera is not found. This camera will be deleted from cameras list."

When importing the 77L into ezdok I get an error "Any data of "Aft Overhead 22" camera is not found. This camera will be deleted from cameras list."

I've checked. I get this error myself too. Didn't happen before. You can just ignore it.

Strange thing is. When I save the profile after the aft overhead 22 camera-prompt, and reload it again prompts me that aft overhead 22 camera is not found. 

I'm not that much of an expert on ezdok to know how to resolve this, other than simple ignorance.

I loaded the camera set and got no errors. Are you sure you loaded, not imported?

23.png

Thanks for this, saved me from going mad trying to configure it!!

Nick Buchanan

I hate to as a daft question, but what do I do with the extracted .ECS file? I am having a devil of a time configuring EZCA for my 777-200LRX. I can't wait to get up in the air.

Regards,

Humphrey Awinyo