Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

19JUL14 - SP1 Feedback Items we are monitoring...

Also on the overhead, the "protective shroud" for the Cockpit Voice Recorder microphone seems to be missing.

I actually requested that from Ryan a couple of months ago. Took some time because the aircraft they had pictures of had it installed. He then verified with Boeing that the 200LR and 300ER had their CVR uncapped. You can have the option of a capped or uncapped CVR with the 200/ER expansion.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yusuf Keyre

correct name  ;) 

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Well I have to say that Robert S. Randazzo and his team did a great job on the B777 Service Pack 1. Now I am waiting for PMDG to correct the issues that have been found, so that the aircraft will be fully enjoyable again (even much more before SP1). I did notice that the autopilot's disengage button on the captain's yoke in the B777-200LR is moving to the right, strange. Waiting for Robert S. Randazzo's news.

I hope they identified the freezing problem 'cause now I dont really enjoy my 777 family

My question is, the settings inside the 777 fmc can make freezing problems? Or it can only cause external programs such as ASN, pfpx, REX etc

I hope they identified the freezing problem 'cause now I dont really enjoy my 777 family

My question is, the settings inside the 777 fmc can make freezing problems? Or it can only cause external programs such as ASN, pfpx, REX etc

I have tried numerous FMC settings, none of them releated to the problem. Regarding 3rd party weather addons does not solve the problem, someone else is having issues even with weather addons, so that does not cause the problem.

I'm wondering why the fix distance function doesn't accept values like "5.7" anymore. I have to use 6 instead.

As far as i remember this was possible without rounding before SP1 if the distance was below 10?

I'm pretty sure they know what's causing it, it is a question more or less of what aggravates it or causes a spike in a condition which causes FSX to "freeze" but not "crash". The question is, how do they fix it taking a plethora of contributing variables into consideration, I.e. Fsx apps, outside addon programs, memory usage, etc.

Hey guys. I'm having issue number two, and this happened after SP1. Okay so here's the thing. I flew a cold and dark United 777 from KEWR to EGLL. Addon used during this flight are: NYC X, DD KEWR, and REX Essential OD..along with DX10...just for takeoff. After I was out of the New York area, I added ORBX Global and Vector FTX and turned off DX10. Traffic setting the whole flight was on 100% for airline. Everything else was at zero. And the traffic add on was My Traffic Live. Before SP1, with all of this running, I could do a flight perfectly. Anyway, so I decided to do a turn around flight today. Now at Heathrow, I was basically running all of the addon as mentioned above together, plus UK2000 Heathrow V3 I believe. I was running all of the addon as mentioned, but without DX10. Here's the one real different between the two flight. The KEWR-EGLL flight was a cold and dark flight. EGLL-KEWR was a "long panel state". That's the one big significant difference between the two flight. KEWR-EGLL ran smooth, while EGLL-KEWR started freezing upon descent with the nav display not working, and MCP and certain part of the cockpit not responding. Which in the end resulted in the plane started doing 360 turns around 100 miles of KEWR and descending. I had no control over it, and the plane was still flying itself.

Specs:

Windows 8.1 64 bit

12 GB Ram

760m Nvidia GTX

2.8 GHz

Hope this helps

I'm pretty sure they know what's causing it, it is a question more or less of what aggravates it or causes a spike in a condition which causes FSX to "freeze" but not "crash". The question is, how do they fix it taking a plethora of contributing variables into consideration, I.e. Fsx apps, outside addon programs, memory usage, etc.

We actually don't know - we've seen it in debug mode a couple times but it's always core FSX dlls and Windows kernel dlls in the memory stack trace for the hung process, not the 777 dll itself. This is what leads us to believe it's not directly the 777 code causing it per se, but rather something that's actually an issue with FSX, Windows, hardware or some combination of the three that just gets triggered somehow by having the 777 present.

I've never seen this on my own system and I've tried a lot of things attempting to make it happen. Totally maxing out scenery, weather, AI, VAS etc. It's extremely puzzling to us why some people appear to get it all the time but others like me can't even force it to happen by running ridiculous levels of addons in the sim.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I've never seen this on my own system and I've tried a lot of things attempting to make it happen. Totally maxing out scenery, weather, AI, VAS etc. It's extremely puzzling to us why some people appear to get it all the time but others like me can't even force it to happen by running ridiculous levels of addons in the sim.

Is it hardware related. like yourself, I have never had a freeze or  pause with the NGX or 777.  What is the common denominator ? brand of Mainboard as an example. Are the ones experiencing this using Asus boards, and those using Gigabyte, MSI or Asrock boards not experiencing this. I am not saying that is what it is, but have been thinking along these lines for quite some time.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I'm using a asus board, and I'm operating in dx-10 mode. The next time I go on I'm going to track my memory usage just in case. Whatever the cause, it happens at alternating times, conditions, etc. I myself have not experienced any such error ever to the best of my knowledge, minus a few OOM's from having graphical settings much too high before. I love this aircraft but I'm going to assume that some part of the 777 SP1 software interacts negatively with host computer software, vice versa. I been using the NGX with ASN, and hifi add on airports without any issues for sometime. A few days prior to SP1, I allowed my 777 to fly through a 13 hour flight from KSFO to VHHX, no issues whatsoever.

solution? Switch to Prepar3d... PMDG developed now to P3D ;) Please...

Yeah, let's switch to P3D and twiddle our thumbs.  

Maybe some of us are tired of hearing that  I know I am. And especially in an informative thread like this one. Please show a bit of courtesy to your fellow pilots.

Agree 100%

Bad finger, I'm not sure it is hardware, or maybe a DLL or driver issue? I have never had the problem until installing SP1

Bad finger, I'm not sure it is hardware, or maybe a DLL or driver issue? I have never had the problem until installing SP1

Hi  David. I was just thinking out loud, and using Asus as an example as it is widely used, albeit in different flavors.

I hope a solution is found for those experiencing this issue.

Yeah, let's switch to P3D and twiddle our thumbs.

LOL

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Never had this freezing issue. Not either of them, before or after installing Sp1 /300 ER

So All good for me. But from sounds of it looks more like FSX + Hardware combination issue.