Sign in to follow this  
xxJohnxx

PMDG 777 autopilot a bit oversteering in turns

Hi,

I just recently got myselfe the 777 and have been mainly flying the 200F since then.

Yesterday I noticed weird autopilot behaviour in cruise, during a turn. The autopilot will correctly bank into the turn and will fly the turn a bit too tight. This leads to the problem that the autopilot then will command a short bank into the oppositie direction, which looks pretty strange.

Anyway, a video says more then 1000 words, so here I got a short clip for you (sorry for the quality, my upload is a bit too slow to upload anything better):

I was following this airways wenn it happened: T845 MABAB Z858

This was the first time that I noticed that in cruise. Similar things also happen on departures sometimes.

Maybe someone can look into this.

Jonathan

Hi,

I've noticed similar behaviour during the 2 SIDs I've flown since installing SP1.

Similar to your video, the green line appears to miss the centre of the fix (perhaps turning earlier to take account of the wind, as in your vid?) until it realises it's going to miss the fix entirely and decides to correct and return to the fix. With a few fixes in short sequence to one another, like on a SID, the aircraft simply flies a kind of slalom course around the fixes while appearing to try to intercept a track to fix in each case.

In both cases, these are SIDs which were very accurately flown before SP1.

Thanks,

Chad

Kind regards,

Alan

Thanks for your answers! I have never run the 777 before SP1 (I made the decision to buy after returning from holiday, which was coincidently the release of SP1/300ER), so I couldn't tell.

So it might be a bug associated to the new Service Pack.