Sign in to follow this  
voodoo101

File chooser

I wondered if anybody knew if there was a program to automatically replace the FSX.cfg and the scenery file.

Basically I want to have one set up for my PMDG 777 which has a large VAS footprint and is harder on the framerates. This set up will turn off most of the airports and have a lower LOD, lower scenery density and other tweaks that help.

My second set of files will be for flying a small aircraft like a Cessna, flying at lower altitude and sets up more airports, higher LOD and higher density. This will have settings that FSX can use for better looks with a smaller aircraft.

I have set up different files but each time I need to go in and change names before I fly. A one switch setting would be great.

You could use the FSX option to "Save Settings", which basically saves your current FSX.cfg under a certain name you assign to it, and you can switch between different settings quite easily. I have used that for some time until about one and a half years ago, one file for airliners, one for "low and slow" flying, and it worked really well for me.

I don't know about the scenery.cfg, though.

Why didn't I think of that idea. I have used FSX since 2006 and never notices a save setting. I'm not to worried about the scenery file as I can just turn on the airports I need, the only problem is the GSX likes to scan every time I start.

Thank you Florian, you have saved me hours of hunting the internet.

Now I'm off to find some brain pills.

Tried Sim starter? I think that will do what you are trying to achieve. Google Simstarter from memory.

Louise

London, UK