Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

22Jul14 - Sp1 Monitoring Items Updated

hey ryan,

i am getting a "cabin alert warning" (which i read somewhere here that it is caused due to an ASUS MB BIOS clock freeze issue ) and my packs are ON and Failures OFF.

Also i completely programmed the FMC route with sids runways etc. still i face the following :

1.cabin alt alarm

2.Aircraft overspeed

3.Slow automatic descent from cruizing altitude without initiating a descent ..

4.total freeze of buttons

However when i move my control column physically forward the A/p disconnects and the aircraft completely spirals and goes haywire....

My questions are whether this is related to the 'freeze post SP1 ' issue or the ASUS system clock freezing issue.  OR both :S

also is the wrong/incomplete programming of FMC route the ONLY cause of this freeze/uncontrollable aircraft !

And does the system time freezing or stopping have ANY effect on functioning of PMDG 777

kind regards,

jaffer

hey ryan,

there is no need to reply to the post Above ! i kinda searched for it and found you have already discussed these issues.

I most certainly do have a BIOS clock freeze and the very much is causing the issues i have ..

kind regards,

jaff

I assume you are aware of this....

The supplied SDK code sample compiles and runs fine.

However, only the "control" side of the SDK works.

The T7 isn't broadcasting any state data.

Can set switches to any position, but cannot read in which state they are.

Have definitely edited the "777X_Options.ini" in \FSX\PMDG\PMDG 777X\ folder to include

[sDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

No data coming out whatsoever.

This is the only thing that's holding up our voice control implementation for T7.

Regarding the pausing, I submitted a detailed ticket and Robert responded. I would just like you guys to know this pause occurs virtually every flight now. The pause I experience never recovers. This last time, I came back to my computer after leaving my aircraft midflight on autopilot to find it in the fsx home screen with no crash messages.

Thanks for the update! I did a fresh install of the 777 and have experienced no issues. Not sure if that helps in anyway, but I appreciate the updates for the people having issues... Hopefully I don't experience them, but the info is good to have in the unlikely event I do...  

Corey Andrews
Proud owner of the PMDG 777 

Thanks for your support of the 777- you guys have really done a great job feeding us information to help nail down these obscure items- and the cooperation is very much appreciated!

And thank you for your help with my problems!

Chris Howard

Just to put some balls to catch in the air....

Does those having the "Pause" issue use FSUIPC "Auto-Save" feature.

I have heard users having similar issues with some other highend addons.

Finn Jacobsen

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Finn Jacobsen

Finn Jacobsen

I'll check it out when I get home this evening. One thing is for sure, I have never had an issue such as this patching up to SP1. My computer is a high end, capable machine, and this "pause" issue happens ever single flight under any condition. I fly the NGX often, with several programs such as FS2Crew, ASN, etc with no problems.

I hope the issue will be solved, because for now with SP1, the 777 is virtually un-flyable for me.

On 2 occasions with the RTM version, I experienced the pause type behaviour. Since SP1, this happened at least once every flight, random times, different routes.

I have a Radeon HD7700 running at 1.1GHz. Today I updated my graphic's driver from the latest official 14-4 version, which was released in April 2014 - to the latest14-7 beta version, released around a fortnight ago. Both are available here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%207%20-%2064#amd-catalyst-packages .

VAS has dropped significantly from around 2.7Gb to 2.36Gb (windowed mode - I use 2 monitors). My frame rates are marginally better but running around 26fps in VC view. Because of the improvements, I tried running in DX10 mode but this was useless (tearing with polygons appearing & disappearing) and so have gone back to DX9.

So far, touch wood, not one single pause with the sim feeling more stable and smoother fps.

Hope this helps those with AMD Radeon cards.

All the best,

I have nothing special downloaded into my FSX except PMDG 737 and 777 and UT2 nothing else.. and I still experience the pause for 15 min or less..

Carlitos Colon

Experience no issues as of now. No freezing, not getting out of control at 8x

So all good for me.

Hopefully other users can have their issues sorted out with this update.

Gents-

A couple quick updates tonight.

We are making extremely good progress collecting data about this FSX pausing issue.  We have access to a machine that experiences these pauses continually throughout flight, and we have been instrumenting a wide swath of the FSX installation to measure data and look for sources of problems.

As I suggested earlier, our findings continue to support the theory that the problem is not within the 777, but that the 777 is aggravating a condition elsewhere in the FSX biosphere.  We are currently developing a set of tools to help us dissect the internal behaviors of FSX in order determine what interactions are actually causing the problem.

Once we have this information, we are hoping that it will allow us to devise a method for mitigating it.  Whether that is a settings recommendation, a change to the way the 777 behaves, or reaching out to another developer with questions and data about their product remains to be seen.  It is too early to tell...

We do not have a timeline for a "Fix" for this pause issue- but it is getting the most attention of any item because it is a significant impediment to the enjoyment of the 777.

We are currently planning a small update on Friday and another when we (hopefully) have some resolution to the pausing issue, provided that we find any manner of changes to the 777 will help resolve it...

The point of this pending update is not to fix every tiny item that someone might find, but to improve stability of the product and to fix items that we feel can be fixed without producing any risk.

I'll have more information for you on that update a bit later in the week- but in the mean time we continue to search for the source of this pausing issue...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I assume you are aware of this....

The supplied SDK code sample compiles and runs fine.

However, only the "control" side of the SDK works.

The T7 isn't broadcasting any state data.

Can set switches to any position, but cannot read in which state they are.

Have definitely edited the "777X_Options.ini" in \FSX\PMDG\PMDG 777X\ folder to include

[sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

No data coming out whatsoever.

This is the only thing that's holding up our voice control implementation for T7.

Did you submit a ticket on this issue? If not please do so they will for sure see this problem.

Eric 

Thanks Robert, I'm glad you guys are making this a priority.

I just experienced something an hour ago on a 15:45' flight from dubai to SFO on final,when the aircraft is going to intercept localizer on final,the autopilot goes crazy!rapid changing of attitude between +1* to -3 !is that a bug?i was on ivao so i couldn't pause and start fraps to record it; also the autothrottle was a bit ... The n1 was around 60 and selected speed was 152.i was manual flying the ac the when i turned the a/t on at the final,the n1 just went up around 85 and it was still going up before i disengaged the a/t and got it back on control again

Anyone has a same problem like mine?

Captain Hamzeh Farhadi

A320 TRI/TRE at Iran Air