Sign in to follow this  

P3D V2.3 Beta 2 Testing

Started testing the latest beta build from LM ... performance improvement so far appears to be about 15% across the board on my setup using this build.  Cloud shadows at sunset have much less impact.  Tested using 5 cloud layers at sunset which would normally bring my system to 10-11 fps (see settings in link below).  Also tested with high speed aircraft as they will stress out performance more than "normal" aircraft.

Used Captain Sim 777, Lockheeds F-22, and F-35.  Scenery is all Orbx with FTX Global, FTX Vector, PILOTs FTX Edition Mesh, and FTX OpenLC EU -- so I did try to load it up with add-ons.

Made a quick video here:

Graphics settings used can be found on my web site here: http://www.robainscough.com/P3D_V2.php

I'm finding I don't need to use SGSS AA now.  LM have indicated they have done some additional work post this build that will improve water at Ultra performance -- so more improvements to come.  There were a few stutters, but they have been drastically reduced.  Sadly my video doesn't do the experience justice ... you may see stutters in my video that aren't a part of the my actual experience (yes I'm sure no believes me, but you'll just have to take my word, it is MUCH improved).

Looks like I'll have a busy weekend testing.

Cheers, Rob.

Wow! very impressive. So LM listened to your input regarding the stutters. :wink:

Can't wait for the release B)

That sounds very impressive!

I think that the lighting in this video looks much better than before, did they do anything to it?

Three words: Wow, wow and wow!

I'm curious about what kind of system you used, Rob.

Cheers!

Maarten

Looks fantastic, V2 is becoming a great platform! Thanks for all your dedication to the hobby Robb.

James McLees

I'm finding I don't need to use SGSS AA now

Hi Rob,

Can you comment a little bit more about this statement. Is it because the internal AA method has improved so SGSS AA is not needed any more. 

Are you not seeing the shimmers as much in 2.3 without the use of SGSS AA?

Thanks!

Hi Rob,

What water textures are you using?  If its REX 4 which  set?

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Rob, thanks for keeping us in the loop. :)

It's great to hear that performance in v.2.3 will be so much better! 

Do you have anything that you can share about bug fixes?

Specifically, have the FS9 windsocks been fixed (according to Orbx, this is why so many of the windsocks in Orbx scenery's airports still don't work).

Also have the aircraft lights been fixed? This is mainly an issue with A2A's Cessna and Cherokee (especially the latter's landing and taxi lights), but even the default Maule's lights don't work correctly (you currently have to turn on its landing light for any of the other exterior lights to work). Also in v.2.2, there's a bug where many AI aircraft have extremely bright landing lights, that look like the sun is rising/setting when they take off/land (this may be an Orbx issue).

Oh, one more that I nearly forgot: Does the Anisotropic 16x setting now work without unsellecting and reselecting it in the options?

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Looking great. Can't wait for the release to the public. I wonder if this will be a fresh install or just a patch. Any word Rob?

There were a few stutters, but they have been drastically reduced. Sadly my video doesn't do the experience justice ... you may see stutters in my video that aren't a part of the my actual experience (yes I'm sure no believes me, but you'll just have to take my word, it is MUCH improved).

I'll back you up Rob, I'm seeing the same experience on my system with the second beta.

About a 10-15% increase in performance, and no more drastic drop at dawn and dusk.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Nice job, Rob. Now, I can't wait to see a Q400/v2.3 beta video.

cheers, Jazz.

and I was pulling my hair out because I couldn't get an average higher than 20 fps in highly populated area (Paris). This looks like I might be able to reach 30fps with this newer version.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Im, as many others, am seeing the Autogen spike with the new Q400 P3d version.