Sign in to follow this  

P3D V2.3 Beta 2 Testing

Rob, P3D has had a bug since v2.0 in Win8 whereby the full screen mode doesn't work if one has 2 monitors set up with different resolutions (the task bar won't disappear). There is an easy workaround using the third party "PseudoFullScreen" app, but it would be nice if P3D could fix for 2.3. I don't know if you have a way of testing that?

I don't use Win8.1, but I do have 3 monitors all of different resolutions and I have not encountered any issues with the Task bar showing ... BUT, I'm running Win7 64.

A quick Google search and it seems this issue is Microsoft's ... they removed/adjusted the Task Bar behavior ... see thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/c7bfd4c8-ea7a-40a2-b12b-282dfe9f34b7/windows-8-taskbar-always-on-top?forum=w8itprogeneral - I think your best bet is to hope Microsoft address the problem or wait for Windows 9 which is aimed at giving desktop users a better interface, I'm not sure this is something LM could address even if they wanted to.

Cheers, Rob.

Anyway, need to get back to doing some work that actually pays my bills ... will post more videos later this weekend.

It won't be too much longer before 2.3 is released. Damian on the Active Sky forum posted that their ASN SP1 would be released before 8/15 and I'm guessing that this release will coincide with LM unleashing P3d 2.3. I could be wrong though.

It won't be too much longer before 2.3 is released. Damian on the Active Sky forum posted that their ASN SP1 would be released before 8/15 and I'm guessing that this release will coincide with LM unleashing P3d 2.3. I could be wrong though.

Could be, I've not been provided any specific release time frame so I can't really comment ... however, we did get a new build (2.3.11308) today which was identified as an RC (release candidate) so it is definitely getting closer.

Cheers, Rob.

Exciting news - thanks for the update Rob! 

Could be, I've not been provided any specific release time frame so I can't really comment ... however, we did get a new build (2.3.11308) today which was identified as an RC (release candidate) so it is definitely getting closer.

I noticed more activity from Lockheed Martin in the forum as well. I guess we're getting quite close to release.

I don't use Win8.1, but I do have 3 monitors all of different resolutions and I have not encountered any issues with the Task bar showing ... BUT, I'm running Win7 64.

A quick Google search and it seems this issue is Microsoft's ... they removed/adjusted the Task Bar behavior ... see thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/c7bfd4c8-ea7a-40a2-b12b-282dfe9f34b7/windows-8-taskbar-always-on-top?forum=w8itprogeneral - I think your best bet is to hope Microsoft address the problem or wait for Windows 9 which is aimed at giving desktop users a better interface, I'm not sure this is something LM could address even if they wanted to.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks, Rob.  I didn't realize it was an MS issue.  I assumed it's easily fixed because the autohotkey app "pseudofullscreen" fixes it (I think available in AVSIM library). That's an easy enough workaround for anyone else having this issue. It just requires windows key+f11 to switch it on while in P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob....good news on the RC and thank you so much for all that you do for us simmers. Your reports and testing are the first thing I look for when logging on to AVSIM.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

We've found a few more issues but Beau just dropped a bomb and hinted at SLI support ... so I need to get some clarification.

Cheers, Rob.

I noticed more activity from Lockheed Martin in the forum as well. I guess we're getting quite close to release.

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. Next sign is that the forums go offline briefly. Has happened with every release - I guess they reconfigure the servers for the d/l's and that causes a temp stop.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Rob....good news on the RC and thank you so much for all that you do for us simmers. Your reports and testing are the first thing I look for when logging on to AVSIM.

I can fully agree. Thanks Rob for all the testing and for keeping us up to date.

Patric

We've found a few more issues but Beau just dropped a bomb and hinted at SLI support ... so I need to get some clarification.

Cheers, Rob.

Ouch ! That's would be THE breaking news ! So far I hope it's not only a hint ;-)

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

That's would be THE breaking news ! So far I hope it's not only a hint

I'm trying to get clarification, I know SLI is important for a lot of current and potential customers ... a possible game changer for many.

Cheers, Rob.

One question, will there be sloped runways in v2.3 or is it going to be a future update?

Júnior Silva

I'm trying to get clarification, I know SLI is important for a lot of current and potential customers ... a possible game changer for many.

Cheers, Rob.

Cool. Thanks on behalf of all SLI owner ;-)

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio