Sign in to follow this  

P3D V2.3 Beta 2 Testing

Thanks on behalf of all SLI owner

I got clarification ... sadly no SLI support in this release as they are still working with nVidia, but it does sound like LM are adjusting code to prepare for SLi supported profiles but not for this release ... hopefully for 2.4.

Sorry for the getting anyone's hopes up (mine included) ... but glad I got clarification from LM.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

I would like to add my voice to the chorus thanking you for your very well presented posts keeping the community informed concerning the P3DV2.3 update. I always look forward to reading your new posts on the subject.

Thanks!

Lyn

I got clarification ... sadly no SLI support in this release as they are still working with nVidia, but it does sound like LM are adjusting code to prepare for SLi supported profiles but not for this release ... hopefully for 2.4.

Sorry for the getting anyone's hopes up (mine included) ... but glad I got clarification from LM.

Cheers, Rob.

Bad news. Let's hope work with nVidia finally reach an end (at least a Beta).

Thanks for the follow-up.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Bad news. Let's hope work with nVidia finally reach an end (at least a Beta).

Disappointing news, but it's good to know SLi is still very much on the radar for support.  If only we can get nVidia to make a Flight Simulator get higher priority than a Goat Simulator ... sometimes in life one has to make the correct decision and not necessarily the correct "business" decision ... nVidia however do NOT subscribe to this philosophy.

Cheers, Rob.

My thanks to you as we'll Rob. How you do the day job and spend so much time on this I do not know. But it is very much appreciated.

Disappointing news, but it's good to know SLi is still very much on the radar for support.  If only we can get nVidia to make a Flight Simulator get higher priority than a Goat Simulator ... sometimes in life one has to make the correct decision and not necessarily the correct "business" decision ... nVidia however do NOT subscribe to this philosophy.

At least there's still hope for SLI support. AMD have ruled out CrossFire support for Prepar3D 2.x.

At least there's still hope for SLI support. AMD have ruled out CrossFire support for Prepar3D 2.x.

Wow - where did you find that out? Looks like I picked the right horse.

Definitely sad to see SLI didn't make into the upcoming 2.3 but it sounds like it's more of nVidia thing... you know, finding time to work on a sophisticated flight simulator when not working on, er, goat simulators.

At least sounds like LM is doing all they can in the way of preparation (no pun intended). Good folks over there.

Wow - where did you find that out? Looks like I picked the right horse.

AMD said they aren't going to add CrossFire support for Prepar3D 2.x because it is not an exclusive fullscreen application.

Considering how tiny the P3D user base is, relatively speaking, LM must be presenting quite a case (possible of cash) to nvidia to get SLI support.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Considering how tiny the P3D user base is, relatively speaking, LM must be presenting quite a case (possible of cash) to nvidia to get SLI support.

Hard to really know how many flight simmers out there but remember that it is almost a sure bet that the flight simmers spend far more money for video cards than the Goat Simmers. Not sure how we stack up against the Tree Branch simulators group.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Probably just threatened them...."If you don't give P3D SLI support we're sending some JDAM laden F-35's over to your offices!!!"   :lol:

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

AMD said they aren't going to add CrossFire support for Prepar3D 2.x because it is not an exclusive fullscreen application.

That's interesting ... I wonder if AMD are aware Prepar3D 2.x is DX11 and "full screen or windowed mode" is irrelevant ... it's almost as if AMD think it's DX9 based.

Here is an article from Microsoft docs: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ee417025(v=vs.85).aspx ... there are things the developers have to watch out for, but there is absolutely no restriction on Multi-GPU rendering so I have no idea why AMD would suggest such a limitation?  Is this information current?

I know nVidia have successfully implemented SLI in windowed mode for many titles ... it's really a matter of driver profile support.  I was looking into AMD's dual GPU R9 card given it's cost to performance ratio, but I guess I'm lucky I went with two Titan Blacks.

Cheers, Rob.

Considering how tiny the P3D user base is

What is the user base count?

This P3D v2.3 thread alone has got 47,000+ views ... on my YouTube channel I've got well over 100,000 views of my P3D videos in <1 year  (considerably more than my FSX videos over a much longer time frame).  And I'm just posting my flights "as is", I don't advertise/monitize -- not really "trying" to make a high quality video nor sell it.  If the market is that small, it seems to contradict what I'm seeing for interest levels.

Cheers, Rob.