Sign in to follow this  

P3D V2.3 Beta 2 Testing

so why all the secrecy and apparent reluctance to keep us informed?

What am I .. chopped liver ;)

PC market is still alive and doing very well ... (of course this has an nVidia slant): http://gfxspeak.com/2014/07/14/gaming-market-consoles/

Made a real quick video here in one of my many favorite locations (France):

Settings used for this video: http://robainscough.com/P3D_V2_Q1XH.php

no NI profile was created/used, no tweaks in the prepar3d.cfg

Move to come with some different aircraft and locations/seasons.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: oops forgot to add the link, it make take 15-30 minutes before it available in full 1440p HD ... looks like YouTube is have some issues processing my video ... stay tuned.

Ah beta testers are under some strict guidelines - we are lucky we are getting the info we have all already received imo

Rich Sennett

What am I .. chopped liver ;)

Rob, I wasn't referring to you. I know that you are bound by certain restrictions. My comment was aimed at the developers. Clearly, from what you have said, they are well aware of the need to prioritise the provision of SLI support just as those of us equipped with a dual GPU setup are champing at the bit to exploit that implementation. All I ask is for LM to consider keeping us abreast of current progress by providing periodic updates.

Cheers,

Mike

Rob, have you changed the link yet because the video is not working for me.

Not yet, I'm on my 3rd attempt ... uploads fine, but YouTube seems to be having a problem converting (processing) it, no idea why, my video format is exactly the same as all my other videos that worked fine.

Cheers, Rob.

Posted on Vimeo ... Vimeo is currently restricted to 1080p so no 1440p.

FYI, I get lots of comments about my less than desirable flying, in my defense I'm not really thinking about flying and more about testing and visual issues, etc. etc. ... that's my story and I'm sticking to it!  :lol:

And no, I don't now how to fly the Airbus X ... hopefully that's fairly obvious in my video.  Don't worry, passengers were fully refunded.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: setting link from above: http://robainscough.com/P3D_V2_Q1XH.php -- I consider these settings rather extreme (especially for 2560 x 1600)

Dont worry I'll have Rob up and running on the 320 and 777 in no time when He gets time as there is no time for real fights with all He has on His table, We dread re-installs Robs do them all the time - not enough time in the day - great video Rob thanks for sharing

Rich Sennett

as there is no time for real fights with all

Thanks Rich, yeah reading a manual and flight planning isn't on the cards ... load up a test, toss in an aircraft, cross my fingers I can start it, hope I don't stall on take-off, keep pressing buttons until the idiot lights go out, hope I don't crash on landing, and if I'm lucky try to get the autopilot working.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rich, yeah reading a manual and flight planning isn't on the cards ... load up a test, toss in an aircraft, cross my fingers I can start it, hope I don't stall on take-off, keep pressing buttons until the idiot lights go out, hope I don't crash on landing, and if I'm lucky try to get the autopilot working.

Cheers, Rob.

When you get some free time we will sort all of this out as you know buddy - your the best

Rich Sennett

Thanks Rich, appreciate the support.

Cheers, Rob.

Flying it like ya stole it, Yeehaw! P3d is looking really good. Can't wait. Thanx, Rob.

Jazz.

Flying it like ya stole it,

In my defense ... ok, maybe not, but my Saitek Trim Wheel was behaving very erratic ... need to figure out what that's about ... aircraft compatibility problem or a real bug.

BTW, loving liveATC web site ... pick your airport and get real world ATC, pretty neat and free.

Cheers, Rob.

In my defense ... ok, maybe not, but my Saitek Trim Wheel was behaving very erratic ... need to figure out what that's about ... aircraft compatibility problem or a real bug.

BTW, loving liveATC web site ... pick your airport and get real world ATC, pretty neat and free.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob Speaking of the Trim wheel I'm thinking of picking one up , Your Thoughts overall ????

Thanks for your updates 

Marty

Rob Speaking of the Trim wheel I'm thinking of picking one up , Your Thoughts overall ????

Overall it's a MUST have item ... with that said, some aircraft (not all) are a little finicky with it.  Sometimes the wheel seems to go into "sleep" mode (and no I don't allow any of my USB devices to go into sleep mode, so it's not an OS thing) ... have to move it rapidly back and forth to wake it up and then the aircraft will see it and it'll work.  I think this is a known issue with Saitek, but I haven't found anyone with a solution yet.

Other than that, I can't imagine flying without a trim wheel unless one doesn't do any manual flying.

Cheers, Rob.

ON A SIDE NOTE: looks like YouTube has fixed their little issue so I'll put the 1440p version up.