Sign in to follow this  

P3D V2.3 Beta 2 Testing

Thanks Rob, I have been looking at one for quite some time, I found one for cheap 

so i will pull the trigger and pick it up. 

Thanks Much !!

It's worth pointing out that we can all fly virtual planes however we like. It annoys me that some people seem to feel the need to criticise something that is totally irrelevant.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Rob,

Thanks for all your doing and thanks for the Airbus vid. I am waiting for the new version and just want to fly the Airbus nothing else. Can you tell me what the performance is like with payware airports and AI, I can maintain between 27/30fps in fsx but I noted your vid showed the fps go down to 19.

I know it is about smoothness but this does concern me, I run an I 7 2600 at 4.5 and have a gtx 770 so not sure that will cut it. I never use AG as I do not like it..

Again thanks for you time in doing this for the community

All the best

Mark

Re Rob's point on Saitek trim wheel - "Overall it's a MUST have item"

I second that. Saitek trim wheel makes a huge difference. Much more finesse on trimming. Haven't been having issues with mine except in X Plane when it seems to lose contact soon after loading. Unplugging and then plugging back in seems to fix it. But no issues in P3D

Cheers

Peter

Rob,

Thanks for your valued posts and time. You mentioned a while back about the AI lights fixed in 2.3. I didn't notice in your vid if AI strobe lights being visible from the distance has been fixed. I have always been disappointed about the lack of visible strobe lights on AI aircraft in P3D.

Or was that because the night was so black? (which has been fixed from what you have said so far)

thanks

dale

I have always been disappointed about the lack of visible strobe lights on AI aircraft in P3D.

Starting with the PREPAR3D 2.1 version, also, there were problems with landing light, it was possible to see them under a certain corner of the review. Some of us asked a question to developers at a forum, and didn't receive the answer. It would be desirable to know, this problem in version 2.3 is solved? ... (http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=7554)

Did they change the HDR the graphics look different.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Rob:

Has LM released a "punch list" of changes and fixes in Ver. 2.3 yet?

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

It's worth pointing out that we can all fly virtual planes however we like. It annoys me that some people seem to feel the need to criticise something that is totally irrelevant.

Agree, but who's criticizing?  You lost me there ... I do get criticized on my "flying" on YouTube all the time but doesn't bother me, at least they are showing interest.

Did they change the HDR the graphics look different.

Yes a little, there are also some tweaks you can do to a "certain file" that can adjust that overall.

Has LM released a "punch list" of changes and fixes in Ver. 2.3 yet?

Yes, see my prior response ... about 150-200 items and they will be contained in the P3DV2 Learning Center document that I'm sure everyone has read ;) ... too many to list, you'll just have to wait for release and read it.

Some of us asked a question to developers at a forum, and didn't receive the answer. It would be desirable to know, this problem in version 2.3 is solved?

Yes, see me response to this earlier in the thread.

I can maintain between 27/30fps in fsx but I noted your vid showed the fps go down to 19.

Sorry Mark, not going to discuss FPS any more nor compare with FSX (or XPlane for that matter).

Cheers, Rob.

Rob - Thanks for all the hard work and answering questions as they are posted. I am looking forward to 2.3 as much as everyone else is. I really wish SLI would get resolved ( BIG EDIT ) I may just get a titan if the wait will be a long wait.

Nick Sciortino

Rob - Thanks for all the hard work and answering questions as they are posted. I am looking forward to 2.3 as much as everyone else is. I really wish SLI would get resolved quickly because I use a 780 3g and I would like to double it to a combined amount of 6g, I may just get a titan if the wait will be a long wait.

Two 780ti is still only 3GB of VRAM.

Two 780ti is still only 3GB of VRAM.

This is what happens when you get up too early and have a bad senior moment :rolleyes:

Nick Sciortino

Rob, unless I'm missing something I don't have access to the same version of the P3D2 learning center that you do. Mine only goes up to v2.2 in What's new, I presume yours includes v2.3 because you have the beta? I couldn't find an updated version on LM's website, for past versions LM have put a post up with brief details which was very interesting. It would be great if they could cut and past that v2.3 whats new info into a new post to whet our appetite.. :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png