Sign in to follow this  
77west

South African Airways 777-300Er Repaint

Hi all

I am hoping to release this repaint of the SAA 77W tomorrow (or maybe later tonight) - over 350 downloads of my -200LR so hope you enjoy the -300ER.

Some changes - I am including a Boeing seat map depicting my layout using the SAA products. This explains what the window blanks etc are.

I am also planning to update my -200LR livery to better use the SP1 feature set.

Some shots as a preview:

2014-7-28_22-23-48-395_zps0a0c59e2.jpg

2014-7-28_22-6-5-121_zps0620b26d.jpg

2014-7-28_22-20-38-500_zps307165ee.jpg

2014-7-28_22-22-26-872_zps78538ca4.jpg

2014-7-28_22-22-50-764_zpsf3f7d215.jpg

Wes

That looks great and thanks so much for your efforts. As an ex-pat South African I really am sad that SAA went solely Airbus, otherwise we would be seeing that livery for real I guess.

Now all we need is for a master painter like yourself to come up with a fictitious "Springbok" livery for the 300ER, as a response to that great Air New Zealand "All Blacks" livery ^_^ !

Rob

Robin Harris

Now all we need is for a master painter like yourself to come up with a fictitious "Springbok" livery for the 300ER, as a response to that great Air New Zealand "All Blacks" livery !

Rob

Thanks very much Rob, I by no means consider myself a master painter however. The (Current) SAA livery is actually one of the easier ones. I was considering doing a range of PMDG planes in the old "Orange Blanke Blou" Livery "Soos my Ma het dit genom", but not sure of the demand.

As for a Springboks livery, now ya got me thinking!!! I am imagining a 77W with Springboks leaping ahead, in an exaggerated, speedbird style, with a livery of green and gold. Let me see what I can throw together in my spare time.

Thanks very much Rob, I by no means consider myself a master painter however. The (Current) SAA livery is actually one of the easier ones. I was considering doing a range of PMDG planes in the old "Orange Blanke Blou" Livery "Soos my Ma het dit genom", but not sure of the demand.

As for a Springboks livery, now ya got me thinking!!! I am imagining a 77W with Springboks leaping ahead, in an exaggerated, speedbird style, with a livery of green and gold. Let me see what I can throw together in my spare time.

Yes I was imagining something similar in green and gold, only with the Springbok leaping towards the rear. I think the forward leaping Bok would be better. One thing is for sure, it is the only way to get the Springbok back onto an SAA plane (and still be PC!!), especially if one also names it the "Ama Bokke Bokke".

Rob

Robin Harris

geolpilot, on 28 Jul 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:

Yes I was imagining something similar in green and gold, only with the Springbok leaping towards the rear. I think the forward leaping Bok would be better. One thing is for sure, it is the only way to get the Springbok back onto an SAA plane (and still be PC!!), especially if one also names it the "Ama Bokke Bokke".

Rob

YOU GOT ME ON A ROLL TONIGHT! A test version of what I had in mind:

2014-7-29_0-14-4-416_zpse6e2da64.png

2014-7-29_0-14-21-981_zpsa1f5180b.png

YOU GOT ME ON A ROLL TONIGHT! A test version of what I had in mind:

What are those?  Ibeks?

Also: quit changing your avatar!!! It's throwing me off!

(Kidding...though I do still do a double take...like "who is this new g...oh...Wes!")

Kyle Rodgers

scandinavian13, on 29 Jul 2014 - 12:19 AM, said:

What are those?  Ibeks?

Also: quit changing your avatar!!! It's throwing me off!

(Kidding...though I do still do a double take...like "who is this new g...oh...Wes!")

Springboks. A sort of buck I suppose.... Similar to Ibex of Qatar Airways. The SA rugby team is named after them. Im just playing around with the paintkit... 

Yea sorry bout the avatar, realized the other one looked kind of dodgy. I shall attempt to stop changing them however... B)  The new one was taken yesterday at mount Maunganui here in NZ, awesome day and awesome weather for winter... took the new car for a test drive. (Audi A4 if anyone wants to know)

Yea sorry bout the avatar, realized the other one looked kind of dodgy. I shall attempt to stop changing them however...   The new one was taken yesterday at mount Maunganui here in NZ, awesome day and awesome weather for winter...

Just giving you a hard time...that's what I'm here for.

took the new car for a test drive. (Audi A4 if anyone wants to know)

Nice!  I was looking at an S4 there for a minute.

Kyle Rodgers

Just giving you a hard time...that's what I'm here for.
Indeed, what would we do without you! :lol:  Don't worry I can take it, just ask  my staff at work. Dish it out... accept what I get in return.

Nice! I was looking at an S4 there for a minute.
Now I should point out that my ACTUAL next car is a BMW335i (Twin turbo coupe - due December... I hope....) The Audi is a work hack. Still drives good though. Cant wait for the BMW though. Might have to do it in a PMDG-Boeing livery. (Not entirely joking there...) :rolleyes:

Indeed, what would we do without you!   Don't worry I can take it, just ask  my staff at work. Dish it out... accept what I get in return.

That's the way to do it!

Now I should point out that my ACTUAL next car is a BMW335i (Twin turbo coupe - due December... I hope....) The Audi is a work hack. Still drives good though. Cant wait for the BMW though. Might have to do it in a PMDG-Boeing livery. (Not entirely joking there...)

I ended up going (uncharacteristically - I've owned two BMWs, and my brother is a Porche guy) with a Hyundai Genesis coupe.  I'm hoping the next car will be the new Tesla 3 (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/16/tesla-model-3_n_5591671.html).

Kyle Rodgers

ended up going (uncharacteristically - I've owned two BMWs, and my brother is a Porche guy) with a Hyundai Genesis coupe. I'm hoping the next car will be the new Tesla 3 (http://www.huffingto..._n_5591671.html).
Hey to be fair my previous daily car was a Mazda6 - And as for the tesla - thank god someone appreciates their engineering for what it is - world class.

I also had a brief fling with a BMW 760Li - the fuel consumption would rival a 77W. That lasted a few months. I almost wish it had a display for the Right, Center and Left tanks because that's what it needed. Damn V12. What can I say - speed and power freak (but then, aren't we all right?) Mum said, "there's no need to floor it, darling!" I said "Its a bloody V12, of course ime gonna floor it!!!"

I have driven my uncles Lambo back in South Africa. Funny that the most powerful car I have driven, far exceeds the power of the most powerful airplane I have flown (shows what crap planes I have flown. They were more like motorised kites, really.) [A flotilla of various Cessnas]

nice to see south africans here!

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I also had a brief fling with a BMW 760Li - the fuel consumption would rival a 77W. That lasted a few months. I almost wish it had a display for the Right, Center and Left tanks because that's what it needed. Damn V12. What can I say - speed and power freak (but then, aren't we all right?) Mum said, "there's no need to floor it, darling!" I said "Its a bloody V12, of course ime gonna floor it!!!"

haha - my GenCoupe is thirsty itself, but is a decent champ on the highway (and rivals my old 1.4L 4 cyl Lancer on MPG at that point).  It's a 3.8 V6, but it'll go.  The thing comes from the factory with camber bolts (which I should probably throw on, since I take corners pretty fast in daily driving).

I have driven my uncles Lambo back in South Africa. Funny that the most powerful car I have driven, far exceeds the power of the most powerful airplane I have flown (shows what crap planes I have flown. They were more like motorised kites, really.) [A flotilla of various Cessnas]

I was about to say "same," but I've flown a Piper Malibu Mirage, and that thing will get up nicely.  Sure, it's not a jet, or a turboprop, but with just me, the owner, and half tanks?  Definitely a kick in the pants from the usual Cessnas I've flown.

Kyle Rodgers

I was about to say "same," but I've flown a Piper Malibu Mirage, and that thing will get up nicely. Sure, it's not a jet, or a turboprop, but with just me, the owner, and half tanks? Definitely a kick in the pants from the usual Cessnas I've flown.
I am still salivating over the TBM850 - now I would REALLY like to take one of them for a spin (not literally, of course).

After a good few years of not flying, I am planning to get back into it this year. Courtesy of PMDG - Before that I had kinda given up on the whole thing. Not planning it commercially, but would love to fly around NZ in what little spare time I have. Perhaps you can come over and give us all a few lessons Kyle!