Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Whatever Happened To Realair?

Does anyone know if they are still developing new products?  They have been silent for a long time now.  Too bad as they produced some of my favorite aircraft.

I was under the impression that they were working on V2 of the turbine Duke. Also a Cessna 172 but they were having some licensing issues. Other than those two I have not heard much. Would love to see a business jet getting the RealAir treatment.  

Real Air are quite a small outfit (just two people I think) which is probably why their output of new products is fairly slow. But, in saying that, they are well worth waiting for - their Beech Duke update is arguably the best piston engined GA aircraft available for FSX and I hope they are giving the Turbine Duke the same treatment as it (and the Flight 1 King Air) are my favourite GA turbine aircraft. Their website lists only the Cessna 172 as 'coming soon' and I'm sure it will be excellent, but sadly it will probably be the only Real Air product that I won't purchase for FSX, as I already have a couple of 172s in my hangar in addition to the default. Not quite sure why they went for this aircraft as their next project given that much of the market for a quality 172 has probably already been cornered by A2A.

Bill

I understand the concern  about Realair going head to head against the A2A 172, and why some, or most, would not want another 172,  but RA does such good work that I will buy it, for sure.  Just the chance to fly a different variation,  with the RA touch,  will be worth it, IMO.

RA does such good work that I will buy it, for sure. Just the chance to fly a different variation, with the RA touch, will be worth it, IMO

I have absolutely no doubt that it will be worth it and of excellent quality - I might even be tempted to buy it myself in the end, but at least I will try to exercise some self-control for a while!

Bill

The Lancair and the Duke esp. v2 certainly are at the top of their class. Would love to see more from them, but, being such a small outfit, I cannot fault them.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I suspect that their silence is at least in part due to them waiting for the dust to settle a bit more on P3D ver 2.x as well as the big step to even start developing for the P3D sim. One can hardly blame them as unstable as things have been for the last year.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

They also have a history of only giving details close to release. It works well I find.

I do wish they would update the development news date for the 172 Coming Soon area.  The last date is September, 2013.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

My reference flyers are RealAir products: Legacy and Duke. EVERYTHING about them is first class.

I will wait...

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Anything RealAir is worth waiting for....

I have a feeling they will update here shortly. 1st class products!

Im not sure we need another 172 as A2A have done it already and will be hard to beat. If they haven't gone to far with it maybe drop it and focus on a Biz jet? now wouldn't that be sensational!

ZORAN

Have to agree RealAir does great products, but I can't see them matching A2A's 172. 

I'll get their 172 if it ever gets released. I don't own A2A version because I'm not into the maintenance feature that they have. Not really sure if you can fly it without doing a walk around. Plus I like RealAir prices much better. ;-)

Realair Simulations is my favorite GA developer!

I have all their payware airplanes and when I get a new plane, from a different developer, I always compare it to Realair.

My feeling is that RA planes have beautiful VCs, easy RXP integration, and I love the way the airplane feels. RA planes control inputs react the way they should.

There are very few developers that come close. IMO, they are simply the best!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.