Sign in to follow this  
Angelo Cosma

777 Flight Manuals Draft...

Why does the FCOM and QRH have the word "DRAFT" blasted diagonally across the page. I want to print some pages out but do not want the word DRAFT visible. Are the manuals still being finalized, when will the final copies be out?

The license does not allow printing the manuals. You can order printed manuals from PMDG for a few hundred dollars. Alternatively, you can order printed manuals from Boeing for a few thousand dollars....

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

LOL, that doesn't answer the question, sir.

spacer.png

So I can't print out the normal procedures checklist? You can't be serious, this was no problem with the NGX...

You can't be serious, this was no problem with the NGX...

Different product.  Different license from Boeing, I'd imagine.

Kyle Rodgers

That's a bummer! Was looking forward to printing the checklists and laminating them like for the 737. Lol its ludicrous to have to purchase the hard copies just for that. 

It's a shame, but it probably keeps the product cost down significantly. I assume there's licensing issues surrounding this (printing maybe classes as distribution). It does make it difficult to follow the published procedures if you don't have a second PC/monitor/tablet etc.

LOL, that doesn't answer the question, sir.

Actually it pretty much did.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Actually it pretty much did.

It doesn't seem to answer the original questions which were why do they have DRAFT, are they being finalised and when will the final copies be out.

Dugald Walker

It doesn't seem to answer the original questions which were why do they have DRAFT, are they being finalised and when will the final copies be out.

The question was about printing the manuals. The DRAFT watermark is probably intended to put people off attempting to get around the Adobe print inhibit feature. So it's all part of the "no print" release licence.

They clearly aren't draft documents as they are the same as are released to flight crews and have many revisions. The FCOM is revision 49, dated 2011. The document is originally dated 1994.

ki9cAAb.jpg

There are plenty of real airlines manuals if you look around to download and print or just get a tablet

Solved all of it with a Nexus 7.  I also stopped wasting 25+ pages every time I make a PFPX flightplan.  Now I use it for charts, flight plans, I loaded the entire flight manuals on it, QRH, interactive checklists, name it.  It pays for itself fast if you consider how expensive (and wasteful) it is to print.

sig01.png

Yeah I only really wanted to print the checklist laminate and have it ready on the side for the normal procedures. The word DRAFT blasted underneath put me off though. I know she has ECL but the checklist in sync with that is really all I wanted to do.

15 minutes and the internet will solve your problem...

DJ