Sign in to follow this  
dihelson

Asia ? Russia...china ? This Part Is Almost Forgotten ?

Well, after seeing some great hints of our fellows regarding England and other countries, then comes a question that always disturbed me:

Asia scenery, and BTW, photoreal scenery. Are there any good ? ( I saw mesh terrain yet ).

I can´t remember seeing any Chinese photo scenery, nor Russia, that region, or I´m not updated of the new releases.

How about making the famous flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur ?( but not passing through Ucrania )...

Almost is an understatement...how about totally forgotten.  I never ever fly to those locations.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Almost is an understatement...how about totally forgotten.  I never ever fly to those locations.

Yes, you said! Totally forgotten. 

The far I fly is to Poland, although there´s some Moscow scenery, but there´s no complete countries. I don´t know the cause, weather there´s no data in order to make some sceneries ( I doubt ), or what. Let´s await for other answers from our colleagues of forum.

Well, after seeing some great hints of our fellows regarding England and other countries, then comes a question that always disturbed me:

Asia scenery, and BTW, photoreal scenery. Are there any good ? ( I saw mesh terrain yet ).

I can´t remember seeing any Chinese photo scenery, nor Russia, that region, or I´m not updated of the new releases.

How about making the famous flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur ?( but not passing through Ucrania )...

Just a guess:

Most people that participate in flight simulation who double as scenery creators are from the US and Europe, and most of them only create scenery for their hometown/country. So, there's a lot of scenery there but not too much elsewhere. And, as a result, there just isn't as much demand for Asia scenery, as some people try to stay close to home in their flights.

Just a guess:

Most people that participate in flight simulation who double as scenery creators are from the US and Europe, and most of them only create scenery for their hometown/country. So, there's a lot of scenery there but not too much elsewhere. And, as a result, there just isn't as much demand for Asia scenery, as some people try to stay close to home in their flights.

Hummm....I don´t want to believe that with billions and billions of people living in India, Russia ( and old URSS countries ), and China together, there aren´t sufficient people to build scenery for their own countries. Here on Brazil, we have a great FSX community, and we had people who made sceneries for the whole country in the past, but they now are very outdated, each time a new FS version is launched, so, the guys who made it, are tired of redo again ( perhaps this is one cause for Asia too ). I myself made some, and I´m deeply inclined to do some photoscenery for Brazil, but I need to get accquainted with the current tools people are using to do them. When I begin, I tend to rest only when the work is complete. I would like to do at least for the northeast region ( my region ).

The Indian subcontinent and Chinese interior would be beautiful places to fly with geographically correct scenery.  I have a personal affection for North Africa, beautiful terrain and lots of airports in real life but sadly neglected in FSX scenery.

It's not photoreal, but...

I will patiently wait for Orbx OpenLC to cover that area. Here is the order in which the regions will be released:

QfqAb.jpg

Until then...

I've heard that satellite images of china are hard to get, same for their large airports...I'd imagine it is similar for Russia but I have no idea for sure. I'm talking high quality imagery and data mind you. Most people that develop airports/scenery have no interest in low rez/blurry pics...

It's not photoreal, but...

I will patiently wait for Orbx OpenLC to cover that area. Here is the order in which the regions will be released:

QfqAb.jpg

Until then...

Humm! Great news indeed! I hope they launch very soon.

Humm! Great news indeed! I hope they launch very soon.

Why, it's still landclass based and not relevant to this thread/forum..

As for photoscenery in other countries, I have looked at freeware options for lots of places around the world since that is what i prefer, but the coverage in quality sat imagery is far less available than what you can get for the U.S. It's sad as there are some great areas that would be amazing in photoscenery such as the mountain ranges in South America, the mountains of Yemen, lots of great areas around Africa.

I have a few great areas around Afghanistan, the horn of Africa/Somalia, the Okavango Delta in Botswana and some areas around Russia that I have done for myself that I fly over often.

I keep hoping for a commercial Megascenery type product from one of the Middle east countries

Here is one over Somalia

o0ay.jpg

here is a nice chunk of Saudi Arabia for an airport scenery I am working on

en5y6Q.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Obtaining good quality imagery is one thing and then obtaining it at a reasonable price (like free) can be darn right impossible.  I was looking at some HD Hong Kong imagery and just for the city we were looking at several $1,000's of dollars.  Try doing the entire country!!! 

So it depends on the country, US and Europe tend to have more HD imagery available and many times for free.  Even the US does not have full imagery of Alaska.... at least that I can find.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

There was a time when people could use GOOGLE EARTH servers to run on Tileproxy, and some ways to retrieve those images ( tiles ) to their permanent scenery, when no need to retrieve again. There should be a way ( people should know ) that we could retrive images from Google Earth and other servers at least for personal use, not commercial. Any hint ?

Western Russia is atleast included in already released OpenLC EU, I know I'm gonna explore it (and eastern europe) once P3D 2.3 is out (2.2 stutters are keeping me out atm). 

The lack of asian/russian scenery obviously is caused by a lack of market for it. Not much of a comfort for those of us who really want it though.

There was a time when people could use GOOGLE EARTH servers to run on Tileproxy, and some ways to retrieve those images ( tiles ) to their permanent scenery, when no need to retrieve again. There should be a way ( people should know ) that we could retrive images from Google Earth and other servers at least for personal use, not commercial. Any hint ?

I don't know if this will be of any help there are programs out there, for xplane like g2xpl that let's you use whatever server you want to create scenery for that region. Ie. Yahoo, googl, Bing. And from what I have come up with so far. Google Earth is the only reasonable scenery that covers those rural areas stated above.