Sign in to follow this  
tsa737

Makerwys Question

Quick question,

I have the PMDG 777-200. I downloaded MakeRwys, but I'm not certain where I should extract it to. The README suggests the "relevant" file. But is that C:\ or 

C:FSX

or

C/FSX/PMDG

Also, when it finished running, is there any thing i need to do

thanks

Extract it to the main FSX directory and run it from the right click "run as administrator"

DJ

hi i gave it a run, but got message that it could not make any runways. I placed it in the c:fsx folder.

hi i gave it a run, but got message that it could not make any runways. I placed it in the c:fsx folder.

Did you run it as administrator?

Rishab Kumar

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

yes i ran as admin

Which version are you using?

Maybe you have an outdated one? The latest version is MakeRunways 4.675.

Rishab Kumar

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The only way that makerwys can fail as you describe is to not have write permissions in the FS folder, or to not know where the folder is - if it is in your main FS folder that shouldn't be an issue.  What operating system are you using?

DJ

You must run the program from the right click menu item "run as administrator", even if you are an admin user, to get full permissions.  The other thing you might do is go over to Flight1 and look in the free utilities download section and get the registry repair tool to make sure the path is correct in the registry.  Makerwys needs to get to the scenery.cfg file to read what and where the scenery is and be able to write to the main FSX folder.

DJ