Sign in to follow this  
Wendall

Got A Bit Of Cash. Now What?

Recently got a decent amount of cash to spend. I mostly fly P3D, but occasionally will jump back into FSX. I was kind of thinking about buying either the 777X or the Concorde X, or maybe even the A2A B17 because of their sale, but I'm being open to any suggestions right now.

Any thoughts on what's worth looking at?

EDIT: I should add I've kind of drifted from simming the last few months, I'm sure something has gone unnoticed by me.

Those 3 plane options represent 3 different worlds, so to which one u belong ?

Artur 

Well personally I would go with the 777X but that is because I am slightly biased towards PMDG aircraft. I have the T7 and it is an amazing aircraft. I haven't flown the Concorde X but I hear it is very nice. And while the B17 isn't really my style A2A makes some excellent addons. Not really helpful I know but you chose some excellent addons to pick from I guess it just depends what kind of flying you are interested in at the moment.

Samuel Scully

T7 is a revolutionary aircraft and it, unlike the others, is still and will be in commercial service for a long time.

A2A Cherokee 25% off? hmmmm  I have some spare cash!

ZORAN

The 777 without doubt!   As was mentioned it is revolutionary and still around :-).   And it represents the best bang for your buck, trust us!

Kind regards

Those 3 plane options represent 3 different worlds, so to which one u belong ?

Here's the thing.

I used to love LOVE loading up a tubeliner (NGX,747X, A320, anything) and going on a commercially scheduled flight, and I still do to an extent. I have quite a few hundred hours in the NGX, and love everything about the aircraft. I'm considering the T7 in the hopes that it gives me that special "spark" that the NGX did.

However, I add the Concorde X and, to an extent the B17, in because it's a type of flying that I won't get to do in the real life ever, and I'll have to learn the ways of each individual aircraft in order to fly them correctly. 

So between a new aircraft with similar systems that I've become familiar with, and older aircraft that I will have to learn from the ground up, I'm completely stuck.

Got money? Try this!

1) PMDG 737 + FS2Crew or Q400 + FS2Crew

2) Airports (KLAX-KLAS) with GSX (FREE) and WOAI (FREE)

3) Scenery (FTXG + FTX Vectors + Pilot's Mesh + EU LC) $ $ $ You can use any LC you want until FTX releases all other areas.

4) Weather: REX 4 + ASN

5) ATC: PFE or Radar Contact

This should keep you busy and get rid of the extra cash or you can choose just to donate some to me. :P

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

One way to look at it is to build a hanger that will cover all aspects of flight with the aim of 1 aircraft for each phase

eg

a2a 172 or Cherokee for single engine

duke v2 for a twin

twotter for turbine twin

pmdg js41 for turbine large/or Q400

pmdg 737 for short range 

pmdg 777 long range

helicopter

of course there are many others but this is the cream

which one are YOU missing?

ZORAN

Forget the boring modern tubeliners, try

Majestic Dash 8 Q400

or

Coolsky DC-9 Classic?

Concorde X is a good choice also though.

Well with A2A having their sale maybe that helps you make a decision?

Samuel Scully

a2a 172 or Cherokee for single engine
duke v2 for a twin
twotter for turbine twin
pmdg js41 for turbine large/or Q400
pmdg 737 for short range 
pmdg 777 long range
helicopter

of course there are many others but this is the cream

which one are YOU missing?

Only missing the T7 in that list! Well if you don't count the turbine duke then I'm missing that too. 

Majestic Dash 8 Q400

or

Coolsky DC-9 Classic?

Have both and love them, good suggestions.

Guys, I really think it's down to either the T7 or the Concorde X. Then if I have enough left over to grab FTXG.

Thoughts and pros/cons to those two marvelous aircraft?

Do you want to feel superior? Imagine you're at London Heathrow and there's a B777 about to take-off for New York. You watch him go and then wait for 3 hours. You could fit a round of golf in! :smile:

Three hours later you take off in Concorde and you'll still arrive at JFK an hour before the 777. This isn't bragging. This was reality. 3hr 20m versus 8hrs.

But be aware Concorde is probably the most challenging aircraft you will fly.

Oh,and if you haven't already got Radar Contact you might think about that. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather