Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

Night Vision

Have noticed recently that during night time, in front of me everything is like covered by darken veil, side vision is different - brighter.

When I move my point of view, dark veil is following, and it is always in front of me.

Quite strange, I am wondering if only I have like that, or is it another FSX glitch ? 

Artur 

SweetFX has nothing to it, yes I disable it, and still can see veil in front of me.

I have checked different planes like T7, Aerosoft Airbus and default Cessna - all are affected.

I have checked with and without ASN.

It looks like it is FSX glitch.

It is not easy to notice it at the first glance, I think also it depends on monitor/TV settings, but I think it is common.

Artur 

I am using 50 inch SONY TV, but have to check it.

If someone can verify it would be nice - night flight, look at clouds straight ahead of you, then move (slightly) view point to side window and look at clouds which are still straight in front of airplane. Do you see the difference ?

Artur 

I see no change at all.  At one time I had dynamic contrast turned on.  When I panned so that parts of the relatively bright cabin came into view the outside view darkened considerably.

Jim F.

I do not know, I have checked every option in my computer and my TV, still have veil, and I think I have to live with it.

Artur 

Hi Artur,

If you temporarily used a regular monitor and the problem disappeared it would verify that the Sony was the problem.  If it was still present you could investigate the graphic settings.  When I checked the cloud brightness while panning, there was absolutely no change.

Jim F.

Hmm, yes, changing TV to monitor is an option, but it is so hard to give up 50 inch screen in favour to 20 something :)

Artur