Sign in to follow this  
ccanadianbacon

Will Default Fsx Aircraft Work In P3D

Presently I use FSX and fly the default 737 a lot with Aerosystems Avionics software . I would like to try P3D 2.2 but noticed there is no default 737. Is it possible to import aircraft from FSX into P3D or is there other software (737) that works in P3D and is also compatible with Aerosystems Avionics.

Hoping that someone else has tried this before I buy P3D. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Try it & see. If you are copying across FSX aircraft, double check to see what guages are used. Maybe easier to download an FSX plane & unzip/install into a temp folder, then copy & paste into P3D

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Presently I use FSX and fly the default 737 a lot with Aerosystems Avionics software . I would like to try P3D 2.2 but noticed there is no default 737. Is it possible to import aircraft from FSX into P3D or is there other software (737) that works in P3D and is also compatible with Aerosystems Avionics.

Hoping that someone else has tried this before I buy P3D. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have not tried but I doubt very much it wouldn't work - should be fine - I have tons of my payware working perfectly so a default 737 would not be a problem, I know its not an exact answer as I do not have fsx loaded anymore so i do not have one to try

Rich Sennett

ccanadianbacon, I have moved the default aircraft over. So far have only used the ultralight and C172. No issues with flight, etc. But lights did not work on C172. A2A makes a program called shockwave. I used that and edited the aircraft.cfg lights section. I also have A2A 172 and could have used that.

But after thinking about it, it was possible that the P3D effects folder did not have the same light files as FSX. If you move the planes over, suggest copy Simobjects/Aircraft folder from FSX. If prompted to overwrite any existing folders/files say no (skip). Do the same thing with the effects folder. Do not overwrite. If aircraft don't have lights, try shockwave. It's inexpensive.

Graham