Sign in to follow this  
wowk94

Landing Light Effects

Hi folks, 

Just wondering is there a nice effect for halogen bulbed landing lights?. For example when turning off your landing lights you can see the bulb heating down (slowly dimming). On shock wave lighting and most landing lights they are like an LED effect as soon as you turn the lights on they are on instantly with no bulb effect. If not would this be a do-able effect to program and contemplate in doing?

Wowk

Really?

I'm sure it's technically possible but I doubt anyone with the necessary skills will be willing to put in the hours for an FS9 special effect like that. No harm in asking though... It would be cool if it were possible

Another "Single Star Rated FS9 Topic" eh, Gwilmot? Tsk.

I am willing to bet edetroit can do this, relatively easily maybe.

If anyone can, Ed can.

No harm in asking, I also think this would be a really cool effecct. 

Another "Single Star Rated FS9 Topic" eh

Meanwhile I believe that if only one member rates a topic 5 stars, it's shown at first as 1 star. Could it be that the stars fill up not earlier as some more members have rated?

btw. if I switch off my landing lights I mostly sit in my cockpit and can't see the landing light glowing...

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I would really like to see a lifetime ban for whoever is responsible for the single star rating for FS9 topics.

………. relatively easily maybe.

Effects are always hard work as one has to shut down and then reboot the sim to see any changes one has made to the effect.

No harm in asking at all but I have waaay too much on my plate right now.

Pretty much anything is possible in FS 9 if you put your mind to it.

btw. if I switch off my landing lights I mostly sit in my cockpit and can't see the landing light glowing...

I am with Harald….. I am in my cockpit when I switch off my landing lights. But I acknowledge the fact that there are all types of simmers. :smile:

If anyone can, Ed can...relatively easily maybe.
Well I knew I'd be half right! :)

It is fiddly, but I may look at it for fun.

Harald, you are brave to taxi from the cockpit! I switch off landing lights when leaving the runway, 9 times out of 10 that would be in spot view.

Harald, you are brave to taxi from the cockpit!

Not so much. The "problem" is that in the cockpit there's the switch...

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Well I knew I'd be half right! :)

It is fiddly, but I may look at it for fun.

Panel/Gauge design I understand. I have looked at the effects SDK many times and have made a few effects, but to be honest it has been more trial and error than a proper understanding. :lol:

Perseverance is the key…..making effects should be fun but having to shut down the sim each time is just...  :angry:   

I would really like to see a lifetime ban for whoever is responsible for the single star rating for FS9 topics.
Me too... it's pathetic and pointless.

The "problem" is that in the cockpit there's the switch.
Well as Ed said: there's all types of simmers.

<Ctrl> "L" works fine for me...

<Ctrl> "L" works fine for me...

….or you can have gauges visible in spot view. I want to make a refuelling panel for my L-1011….. the refuelling panel IRL is in the leading edge of the wing.

So I go to the correct place in spot view and load fuel….ideally with an AES tanker next to me.  :Nerd:

ideally with an AES tanker next to me.

This would make sense particularly after the next AES version with the promised changes in placing the truck. As long as it stops some ten metres beside the plane I never call fuel trucks.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

This would make sense particularly after the next AES version with the promised changes in placing the truck. As long as it stops some ten metres beside the plane I never call fuel trucks.

I do try to keep my trap shut when I have nothing good to say……BUT …I am finding the wait for the next AES version very frustrating! :angry:

I want my long tow bar and I want it now!  :p0503:

OK, I'll try to be nice THIS time, but how did I get associated with THIS????!!!!!!!!!!

I never even noticed the "rating" feature thingy until you mentioned it!  I'm starting to feel like eDetroit now!  Really!

P.S.

Now I'm REALLY hot!  I just took a sampling of FS2004 forum topics (that's the only one that I visit) and there are multitudes of topics with ratings of one star.  These are topics that I have not commented in nor even visited!  Can you hear me now!!!!!!

WINGZ - Do NOT include me in comments that you know absolutely NOTHING about!

gwillmot - your sarcastic first response ("Really?") to a legitimate question by a new member (his 2nd post) wasn't the kind of dialogue most of us in this forum want to see and not exactly encouraging to someone new to the forum. If you don't have something useful to say, I'd suggest in future you ignore the post instead of belittling someone.

How many stars a topic has or has not is irrelevant and making this a topic for discussion is a waste of everyone's time. Let's move on guys...