Sign in to follow this  
Julean

777 Sp1 Kicked Out Of Warp Fleet? Cdu Problem

I had a good start with 777-300ER from Bangkok in the most wonderful awful weather, came in cruise and the time came to warp to India for a Mumbai VABB landing.

I moved the plane as usual in map and was going to put the next way-point on page 1 top. So LNAV could continue... "invalid entry" was the reaction.

This is no good. For me its the same as a CTD that the flight cant be continue on CDU. I know that auto sim rate is at possibility.. B) TBut the other is for me to prefer over big distances.

I haven't retried if this just a "this instant occurence" 

And not the least THANK YOU FOR AT WONDERFUL UPDATE AND AWESOME PLANE. 

SO MUCH ENJOY IT.

:p0504:

Jens Michlas

Copenhagen - Denmark

Actually I realized that I have the freeze problem in the CDU which is covered.. How does one delete the post again?

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

My guess is that you're just doing something wrong.  It's better to use the Time Compression feature, though, because it'll burn off the appropriate amount of fuel and all of that, and allow the plane to track the flight plan.  I'm guessing that "warping" it like that just throws the plane all kinds of out of sorts.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle Rodgers Thanks for the reply

Well the CDU was in freeze in regards to some values but eg not the config of the plane and the eg approach page and uplink function. 

So the plane was landed the old way before ILS and LNAV and STARs.. And wauw how it fly :wub:

Jens Michlas
Denmark

So the plane was landed the old way before ILS and LNAV and STARs.. And wauw how it fly

haha - always fun to go back to the old ways.

I just got a split throttle last night to control left and right independently.  Failed my HYD in the NGX and tried to get back to "home" with throttle and electric trim only (the control surfaces are also backed up with a mechanical linkage, but I figured I'd see if I could do it without them).  Interesting challenge!

Kyle Rodgers

are you using quantum leap for your warping?

i usually set the next waypoint before i do the jump, i'm not sure why.. i think it was mentioned in the procedures, and it seems to work out ok.

the process i follow is 

1. determine the fuel you expect after the jump by checking the fmc predictions

2. heading select mode

3. set the waypoint after the one you are warping to as the next in the fmc

3. do the jump

4. manually adjust heading, stabilize things and point towards the flightpath

5. reassign the waypoint to update the lnav path (basically just selecting it and rewriting it onto itself since it's the first)

6. reactivate lnav

7. adjust the fuel

cheers

-andy crosby

If only the plane was stable in 8/16x time compression... It stops every 10 seconds to make a course correction, pretty useless. I won't go above 4x.

sig01.png

i usually set the next waypoint before i do the jump, i'm not sure why.. i think it was mentioned in the procedures, and it seems to work out ok.

This worked for me  :P

I have been flying two flights VTBS-YMML B773 and YMML-YBCS B772 - the only thing was that in these flights it looked like I lost the weather radar..

Jens Michlas
Denmark

I have been flying two flights VTBS-YMML B773 and YMML-YBCS B772 - the only thing was that in these flights it looked like I lost the weather radar..

:angry:  Well it seemed that I also flew out of bad weather didn't I.

Flew 773 EIDW - RPLL no problems. Illuminati have for this time created bad weather round Manila these days  :diablo: And the radar worked just fine.

Jens Michlas
Denmark