Sign in to follow this  
Robert Howe

200Lrx Very Fast Descent & Failures After Loading Saved Flight

Loaded a saved flight today, 25nm from TOD. At TOD the AP pushed the nose hard down and the aircraft descended at 11000fpm. A shedload of yellow failure warnings came up on the EICAS. Tried reloading the same saved flight, disengaged AP and started descent manually then engaged AP when descent stable. No further AP issues but no. 2 oil temp rose to 260° and oil pressure dropped. Cleared failures in FMC PMDG options and all was OK for rest of flight. No idea what I did wrong. Anyone experienced similar?

Never had that happen, and i always reload the flight. If you ever come across it again, or know how to reproduce it, create a support ticket.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I had the same issues after reloading, both the 10K fpm descent and oil temp & pressure failures. Will see if it happens again.

Got the same issue just now. Saved flight post SP1, so it's not an issue tied to an old panel state. I was sure to delete all those before I installed SP1.

If I can reproduce it, I'll send a ticket.

Walter Meier

Are you running SP1? If so, are these saved flights from pre SP1?

Yes I'm running SP1 but no, the flights were saved post-SP1

I am having the same problem but it is linked to the automatic pause at TOD. When I return the next morning to resume the flight and commence the descent, after activating VNAV the RoD is huge followed by oil temp and then oil pressure rise together with other system anomalies and eventual engine failure

Richard

I had the same issue last night, using the -300. It was one of the rare times that I let VNAV initiate the descent. (I normally start 10 - 20 miles before the TOD in VS mode with a gentle 1000 fpm descent. When the LNAV 'catches up', I let it manage the rest of the descent.) But as I was diving at 9000 fpm, the error messages lit up like Apollo 13. I didn't think to write down those messages since it took me by surprise on only the 3rd flight for that particular aircraft. I remember a couple of hydraulic failures were on the list. Anyone have a clue yet about what's happening?