Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

Amd Mantle And P3D

What will happen to none AMD user?

Spirit

They can wait for DirectX12 which will have similar features.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

They can wait for DirectX12 which will have similar features.

They why not just implement DirectX 12 and skip Mantle?

Mantle will be more efficient than DX12 since it been tailored for GCN architecture.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Mantle will be more efficient than DX12 since it been tailored for GCN architecture.

The difference is going to be very small, and will only apply for GCN users. It wouldn't be worth it.

The difference is going to be very small, and will only apply for GCN users. It wouldn't be worth it.

The difference is going to be very BIG because Mantle fixes what has been the biggest problem with FSX/P3D, the amount of drawcalls problem.

btw FYI not everyone uses a Nvidia Titan... GPU, about half the people use AMD hardware so YES it would be useful.

The difference is going to be very BIG because Mantle fixes what has been the biggest problem with FSX/P3D, the amount of drawcalls problem.

btw FYI not everyone uses a Nvidia Titan... GPU, about half the people use AMD hardware so YES it would be useful.

You are comparing Mantle and DirectX 11, I am comparing Mantle and DirectX 12.

Actually 60% of gamers own an NVIDIA GPU and 30% own an AMD GPU (the other 10% is Intel), and in the flight simulation community the amount of those who have NVIDIA is even higher.

You are comparing Mantle and DirectX 11, I am comparing Mantle and DirectX 12.

Actually 60% of gamers own an NVIDIA GPU and 30% own an AMD GPU (the other 10% is Intel), and in the flight simulation community the amount of those who have NVIDIA is even higher.

According to Steam hardware survey, 50% nVidia, 30% AMD and 20% Intel or other.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

Thankfully DX11 and P3D v2.x means you can use AMD or nVidia with equal results in both IQ and performance and are not forced one way or the other. Any current enthusiast card will be great. That is barring any driver bugs from either camp down the road.

Eyefinity is one great feature IMO with AMD. But I would not try it with less than an R9 290.

I can't see LM bothering with Mantle even if there are benefits. The Sim ecosystem is too small to code for stuff that won't bring large returns.

Just my opinion.

C.

I think it would be interesting to do a feasibility study first. I think rewriting Prepar3D for Mantle might not be an easy undertaking with DirectX 12 on the near horizon.

Prepar3D using Mantle would be interesting, but I believe DIrectX 12 is the better horse to back in this game. AMD might have the upper hand in the end anyway since their experience with Mantle might make their initial hardware offerings more efficient. (Just a guess though.)

I'm an AMD CPU and GPU guys and I think DirectX 12 would be the better technology to adapt in the long run.