Sign in to follow this  
jonkjon1959

World2Xplane Error

I have been trying out world2xplane and have downloaded all of the required libraries as outlined in the tutorial. I'm reasonably certain I have everything in the correct location but I keep getting warnings when I launch xplane about the scenery not looking correct. I checked the log.txt file and see a few errors similar to these:

Failed to find resource 'objects/houses/Us/AZ/RES_10.00x28.50_azhouse43.obj' at 'Custom Scenery/virginia-latest/objects/houses/Us/AZ/RES_10.00x28.50_azhouse43.obj'
Failed to find resource 'objects/houses/Us/AZ/RES_10.00x28.50_azhouse43.obj' at 'Custom Scenery/virginia-latest/custom objects/objects/houses/Us/AZ/RES_10.00x28.50_azhouse43.obj'

I have checked the world-models folder and indeed those files are not present. I don't receive any errors when processing the .obf file for virginia-latest from within world2xplane (beta 0.5.1). I also downloaded the latest world-models folder so i'm not sure where to go to find the missing files.

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to what I should try next?

--Jon

I'm guessing those houses have been added into the residential.csv for the world-models library, but actually don't exist or have a typo inside them. I'll look into this later this evening when back at my PC, but you can also resolve this yourself by opening up "residential.csv" inside the world-models folder, and either check that the objects it is complainig about actually exist and fix any typos in the filename, or simply find the line, e.g. "Us/AZ/RES_10.00x28.50_azhouse43.obj" and remove the entire line.

Thanks Tony for the reply. I edited the residential.csv file and got the issues sorted. There were a dozen or so errors that I was able to correct. The following rows I didn't see any typos but were still throwing errors so I deleted those three rows:

09:33:34.961 ERROR - File objects/houses/US/NV/RES_14.90x17.78_nvhouse17.obj cannot be found in X-Plane or Resources.
09:33:34.961 ERROR - File objects/houses/US/NV/RES_14.90x17.78_nvhouse32.obj cannot be found in X-Plane or Resources.
09:33:34.961 ERROR - File objects/houses/US/NV/RES_10.00x28.50_nvhouse37.obj cannot be found in X-Plane or Resources.

I also wanted to add that I was incorrect that there were no errors in the log while processing the file as is evidenced by the lines referenced above.

In the future, when the world-models folder is updated, will l need to manually edit the newer file with these changes too?

Thanks for the help.....

--Jon

Hi Jon

I've also updated the world-models folder and removed the dodgy entries. You can redownload it here  https://github.com/tonywob/world-models/archive/master.zip

You shouldn't need to ever edit the file yourself, and it was a bug that has now hopefully been fixed. If you redownload and generate again, it shouldn't throw up anymore errors