Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

31Jul14 - Update On Sp1B Issues...

Thanks for the update Robert. And thanks for the continuing hard work from yourself and the team.

One question: if I'm experiencing a condition the team is working on, (in my case, it's the time compression bug) should I submit a ticket or do you have enough of a sample size?

Always lean toward submitting a ticket.  Best not to assume.

In the process of the flight out of memory problem can be resolved?

It's already been resolved.

There's a whole section in the manual about it (and it's been there since the plane first came out).

Kyle Rodgers

bravo, continue to tease customers

If stating facts is teasing customers, then I guess I'm teasing them, but my answer was a heck of a lot more helpful to anyone having OOM issues than your post was...mull that over for a bit.

Kyle Rodgers

Actually the T7 VAS footprint hasn't been 'resolved'. We have received more systems (without any VAS increase) and more options to deal with it.

IMO, that's even better than a 'resolved': I don't need to fly the T7 with ridiculous autogen settings, I rather fly it the way it has been created for - as a system simulation.   B)  

SKEWR, on 31 Jul 2014 - 07:24 AM, said:

One question: if I'm experiencing a condition the team is working on, (in my case, it's the time compression bug) should I submit a ticket or do you have enough of a sample size?

Always lean toward submitting a ticket.  Best not to assume

Good point. WILCO.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I think he was just having a kip, after some heavy beta testing.

haha - and after this past week of testing, which was 90% hand flying with the FBW modifications, that's definitely what I'd look like.

...add ASN getting stuck (live updates turned off) on a bad weather day, it was hand flying around nasty storms.

I also feel that this is a little more accurate of a picture of me (as long as I'm being compared to big cats - the banner on the left side just makes it all come together):

IMG_3098.JPG

Kyle Rodgers

Actually the T7 VAS footprint hasn't been 'resolved'. We have received more systems (without any VAS increase) and more options to deal with it.

IMO, that's even better than a 'resolved': I don't need to fly the T7 with ridiculous autogen settings, I rather fly it the way it has been created for - as a system simulation. B)

There's no mystery to be resolved. More systems means more software code. Code doesn't take up much memory, compared to things like graphics, so it's not really surprising the 777 VAS hasn't increased with the update.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Kyle, that's purfect. It's definitely your next avatar.
I see what you did there!

I'm late to the party, but thanks for the update Robert!

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

haha - and after this past week of testing, which was 90% hand flying with the FBW modifications, that's definitely what I'd look like.

...add ASN getting stuck (live updates turned off) on a bad weather day, it was hand flying around nasty storms.

I also feel that this is a little more accurate of a picture of me (as long as I'm being compared to big cats - the banner on the left side just makes it all come together):

IMG_3098.JPG

Kyle, a Lion is a lovely animal it really is. However, please understand that you can only ever be an animal with spots. :wink:

I was the one that designed you as a chameleonic life form, so I should know.

I have little issues, however the weather radar on the 200 does work, but doesn't work on the 300. I had one pause...