Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

Nightime Transition Issue

Hi Everyone

I seem to have real problems getting my sim to get fully dark.  There always seems to be an incredibly long time to get dark.

Just so you know I am not going west with the sunset either.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Tim

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

How long is a long time?  It usually takes about 45-60  minutes from sundown to

total darkness depending on the season and your Latitude.  Here in KSFO land

at this time of year, the sky stays fairly bright for way longer.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Just flew a real time flight RJAA-VHHH departing at 1017Z and the twilight was visible on the horizon for the entire flight.  Doesn't seem right to me.

Cheers

Tim

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

i happened to just fly into RJAA so i tried your flight on the next leg out.

loaded up at around 0950Z and there was just a bit of twilight. by 1015Z it was noticeably faded and by 1040Z everything was pitch black. i don't think there's anything inherently weird going on in the sim here.

i remember somebody else mentioning an issue with a thing like this in the forums some time ago... i don't exactly recall what caused it, but i think it was some setting in an addon somewhere that had been manipulating the FSX time separately from how it normally works. i know FSUIPC has a few settings that can affect that, although i don't know what those do so i had always left them off. it might be possible some other addon thinks you want the time to stay locked or something.. (fsrealtime might be another culprit? i haven't used it so i don't know what that does..) i'd poke around in the options for any extra stuff you are running and see if you notice anything that might be time or system clock related..

cheers

-andy crosby