Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

Carenado Seneca V Released

I notice that Windows 8 or 8.1 is not listed as a supported OS. Not unique to this aircraft or vendor but of interest nevertheless.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Still showing the $100 price tag on the main product page, but if you add to your cart it comes out at $37.95 - a bit more reasonable.  :lol:

Scott

3 mins since the last bug released plane....pass!

-Iain Watson-

Does anyone know if they plan to support the new F1 GTN gauges for this plane?

Thanks!

B.

They said GTN support is not in their current plans. Not sure about future plans.

Now for the big question. How does it fly? Hopefully someone will report soon.

They said GTN support is not in their current plans. Not sure about future plans.

Now for the big question. How does it fly? Hopefully someone will report soon.

Thanks for letting me know!

B.

That's too bad.  The GTN gauges are absolutely superb.  Integration would of been a major argument in favor of purchasing for me, as long as all other reports are favorable.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

The last few Alabeo and Carenado releases have just felt a bit lacking, a bit sterile and without character in my opinion.   As I've just bought the RealAir Duke v2.0 and that is anything but lacking in character, I think I'll pass on this Seneca.   Not particularly an aircraft that interests me in the rw.

I've always liked the Seneca, but unless Bernt Stolle gets his hands on the FDE, then I'll pass.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Speaking of the FDE, how does it fly? Any early reports on this one? Looks great but most Carenado stuff flies like default aircraft. 

Alex

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

After a flight, its a mixed bag, like a lot of Carenado initial releases.  FDE seems pretty good, I don't have real Seneca time so I can't base it on anything but it does feel like a big 'Cherokee', which is essentially what it is.  Very stable on approach.  My quible so far with the FDE is that it floats too much for a  twin.  If you pull the throttle on a twin, especially when landing, it should drop like a rock because that induced lift from the props directly over the wing is lost.

RXP integration is mixed.  So far only Nav1 one can be replaced by a GNS430, and it's cooperation with Carenado's G600 is limited.  The HSI will point in the direction of the RXP planned waypoint, but will show no course indication, nor G/S indication.  Hopefully Bert can do his RXP magic and make it a little better.  I don't own the Carenado Turbine Malibu, how is it's RXP/G500 integration?  The Audio panel doesn't work either.  

Visually it is top notch, and looks very much like a product 'New Piper' inside and and out.

I am putting it in the hangar until Carenado/Bert can make some RXP adjustments, once that is done it should be a very nice plane.  I will continue to fly Hawk's Baron TC to fit this role of light 6 seat/cargo hauler twin.  I can't really compare it to the Duke because the Duke is a larger class of airplane...in the same class as the Cessna 340/Piper Mojave..etc.

Like real life, compared to the Baron TC(with Hawk's B58TC Mod), the Baron outperforms the Seneca in most areas, better full fuel useful load, faster, better range...etc.  The Seneca is a better short field performer with it's big fat Hershey wing and may be the better choice in a limited Bush flying role.  Both Baron and Seneca have 'double door' loading in back which is good for loading oversized cargo.

Cheers

TJ

Unfortunately, Bert does not have a copy.. :unsure:

Well, I'd pitch in to buy you one if others would help and you'd be willing to do what you did with the JetProp and the G500.  Your G500 mods for RXP integration are part of what made the JetProp for me.

I don't own the Carenado Turbine Malibu, how is it's RXP/G500 integration?

See above.  It works very well, but I'm using Bert's G500 mods.

Seriously, I'd chip in if Bert would be willing to do some mods, as this is a plane I'm definitely interested in.

Scott