CPU : Intel Quad Core i5 4690K 3.5Ghz S1150
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H S1150
RAM : (2X4GB)  Kingston  Hyper-X  DDR3 1600Mhz 
GPU : GeForce Gigabyte GTX770 2GB WindForce3 OC
HDD : Seagate 1T 3.5'' Sata3 Barracuda 3 Years Warranty
Case :  Zalman Z3 Plus
Power Supply : Seasonic S12G-650 650W Active PFC 80+ Gold
CPU Cooling : Noctua NH-U12P

I am planning to overclock it for about 4 GHZ. Would this spec be enough for it?

Sure, but why not get the i7 4790K and run 4GHz even without any boost or OC?

Bert

I7 is off my budget, Sir.....

But if you can squeeze a few more bucks, I would invest in some More VRAM on that GPU if you can. It really helps with all these nice airport sceneries etc that we all seem to go after these days..

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Wow, Economy must be improving. This is about the 10th. "is this good enough" this week. :)

Wow, Economy must be improving. This is about the 10th. "is this good enough" this week. :)

I have a suspicion that the new "Fiber" program has convinced a lot of folks that there must be something better out there  :rolleyes:

Bert

Off Budget dump the 770 gpu and get I7 4790k instead. We all have budgets being working peasants and get 760 gpu shave off 80 dollars and get that i7 4790k and fsx is CPU eater. 

I7 is off my budget, Sir.....

So what do you think? I7 4790K and Sparkle GTX760 OC 2G DDR5 or I5 4690K with GTX 770OC 2GB?

I am going to OC ...... And maybe in the future I will purchase P3D, AFAIK P3D relays on the GPU far more than FSX....

That spec looks perfectly fine for FSX. Very similar to the PC that I have just ordered. You really don't need an i7 if you can overclock the i5 4690k to 4.5Ghz or more, and the 2GB GTX 770 has more than enough GPU power for the task.

I am assuming here that you aren't intending to run FSX at 5760x1080 resolution across three monitors?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

That spec looks perfectly fine for FSX. Very similar to the PC that I have just ordered. You really don't need an i7 if you can overclock the i5 4690k to 4.5Ghz or more, and the 2GB GTX 770 has more than enough GPU power for the task.

I am assuming here that you aren't intending to run FSX at 5760x1080 resolution across three monitors?

I am running FSX on a single 22' monitor. 

For the OC, I am planning to clock the CPU to 4 GHZ in the beggining. I will go over 4 GHZ when I have the money for a better cooling.