Sign in to follow this  
ger

Please Help With My Oom

Hi guys ,

I m having really big problems with this sp1 and oom ,my settings are so low in fsx i allmost can't read the displays ...autogen sparse lod in cfg 4.25, aircraft shadows off bloom off .

I did a complete reinstall from FSX on DX10 , with ONLY the pmdg installed , no other addons just fsx and the 777 .

4 hours ago i completed a flight EHAM KIAH with the Original 777 rtm  without the SP1 with all the settings maxed out  and vas never came above 2.5 ..never .

Decide to install the SP1 again and the 773 and made the same flight but with all the settings at minimum, .At take of VAS was 2.3 and started to increase immediately after take of , now 2 hours into flight my VAS is allready 3.4 and you can see it increasing .

How can this be ,i can;t lower my settings anymore  , i m really getting frustrated at this moment because when the SP1 came out the first days i did  really made a few long flights without the VAS increasing  with all the settings maxed out  ( OMDB KIAH OMDB ) , until suddenly , out of the blue  i was getting a OOM  .

Now i did a complete reinstall  and the only thing installed is the 777 , when i use the RTM file my VAS stays at max 2.5 with all settings to the right , when i install SP1 my VAS increases like a rocket even with the lowest settings in fsx ,sliders to the left  and no other addons  .

when i use the old 777 rtm file without sp1 my VAS  begins at 2.3 and stays at MAX 2.5 and doesn't increase even with max settings while the SP1 or 773 begins with VAS 2.5 and keeps increasing like a rocket even while flying above the sea with settings as low as they can be  until after 5 hours VAS is over 3.9 and OOM, lower settings  than this is impossible

Hope someone can help me with this  and yes i read all the topics and the manuals

Thanks in advance .

Gérard

Edited by ger

I hope some will help you as clearly it not the normal reply " o it's yours setting, you need to turn every down" your clearly running the minimum you can.

It's seems every time (a lot) there is a topic on OOM it's comes with 777 :(

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thanks David ,

the strange thing is i never had any problems with the 777 , even with all settings max out , in the beginning with the SP1 i didn't have problems either until 4-5 days suddenly OOm and now i get a OOM even with the lowest settings while i can fly the original 777 RTM file without problems , i redownload the files sveral times so i was sure that i didn't had a corrupted download , tired also the complete new file from my account wich include the SP1 ,

i really don't know what else to do 

Gérard

I suspect the camera is a big factor...

If not what kind of AIs are you using? I had to re size many of my AI plane's textures as I found out there were many in HD resolution, with 4 times the memory use.

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Gerard, something is up and I am sharing your pain.  I am out of the country, so I won't be "near" the problem for at least 3+ weeks.  However, I too went from 9 months of trouble-free 777F flights to what you describe (always around 4-6 hours into the flight).  The reason I made such a detailed post a week or so back was to attempt to get some diagnosis discussion together.

Our cases are still considered outliers and I think we do need to consider things like older drivers or whatever.

I am taking a break now, but I appreciate your ongoing attempts to solve this problem.  What we have in common is that the memory creeps up, even out over the atlantic ocean.

This showed up for me around July 1, so I less suspect SP1.  I haven't had the time to determine if there is correlation.  All I know is that I can't complete longhaul anymore.  While this is the point at which someone will say: you don't need to do longhaul, the plane does shorthaul too; I believe these planes are designed to do longhaul and that is what I want.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

I had a near OOM experience after installing SP1, and after a little investigation, I found turning sound caching off in the sound settings of the CDU and running a special DLL.XML just for the T7, example no Orbx lib running and only essential dll's loaded I have found the right combo.

I did a flight yesterday from FlightBeam KDEN to FSDT PHNL and landed with 1.5GB free VAS.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi good morning  aal ,

Yesterday before i went to bed  i set up another test flight EHAM KIAH .

I taxied , fully configured to runway 24 , lined up  and set the parking brakes  , noticed my VAS was 2.49...

I went to bed and let the plane on the runway , with engines on  .

I just came out of bed  , plane was still at the runway , no freezes of fsx  , but VAS had allready increased to 3.04 ...without changing vieuws or something , just sitting on the runway with engines running ...

Jeff, all my drivers are up to date , i installed windows 7 allready twice to be sure that it is up to date  , all updates are installed , all drivers of my mainboard are up to date ,nvidia driver is up to date  , .

The strange thing is yesterday i completed a flight EHAM KIAH with the Original 777RTM file without SP!1 and ALL my settings maxed out except autogen at normal , My VAS at take of was 2.4 and i arrived at KAIH with VAS 2.5.

I installed the SP1 and voila problems returning  , like i said before  i don't understand why , i made really long flights with the 777-300ER and never had problems with all settings s before the SP1 came out and now suddenly my VAS is eating up while i m not even airborne yet , just default scenery EHAM and all my settings to the left , i can't set them any more to the left  .

Julian , thanks but nothing else is installed  just the 777, 773 Opus for the cameras not even the weather , and DX10  , no addon scenery no ASN  , sound caching is off .

One thing positive is i don't have a single stuttering ...this is for the time i m flying ...

Gérard

Hi Gerard, that is strange. I also need to do more testing in Europe. I have only tested in the USA so far. What I am now finding is it is not consistent. I can tell you I have found the 200LR uses a lot less VAS

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi Julian .

this is strange indeed ,

what i don't understand is that VAS started with 2.5 and increase to  3.9-4.0 even with settings at minimum , fresh fsx  with only the 777 installed , Even when just sitting on the runway it increased to 3.04  without flying  or panning vieuws around the aircraft   , while right after the SP1 and 773 came out i could use this 777-300ER with all my settings maxed out  , my VAS was never higher than 2.6 in flight and 3.4 on approach to fsd CYVR , i did  a flight OMDB KIAH OMDB and NZAA KLAX EGLL  ,  LTBA RJAA LTBA , without restarting fsx with no problems  .

Gérard

We will always be referred to the manual with this problem, but I think there is more to it.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

You're not the only one.

Pre-SP1 I flew SEA-NRT with no hitches.

With SP1, my sim dies on Osaka-Narita, over default terrain. xD

I wrote for help to both PMDG and Word Not Allowed;

"

Hello, Word Not Allowed.

I’m in a rather weird situation and would appreciate some input from you. Essentially this concerns the effects of a 777 flight between Osaka and Narita. About halfway in that flight the external model stops loading completely, The plane keeps going fine until I get close to landing. The textures start to vanish everywhere, ground turns black, sea turns dark blue and textureless. Then FSUIPC starts to ring the VAS alert and sooner or later then sim will either say something like “runtime has requested application termination” or something of the like and it will show the terrain.dll and the faulting module. It doesn’t say it ran out of memory, but since FSUIPC is sounding the alarm that could be it right?

I wouldn’t bother looking for help if there actually were high detail scenery along that route, It would be my fault, of course. Problem is, everything on that route is pretty much default. The only stuff that loads in is FTXG, REX clouds (4096) and the 777 (4096).

So I downloaded process explorer and verified: Boot FSX and it’s already at around 800 MB, I then load the 777 and it’s 1.8~ GB. I start the simulator and its 2.7 GB.

The weird part is, I then tried to deactivate all unused scenery and toned down the TML value to 1024. Same thing, 2.7 GB.

I read this and expect a load of 2.7 GB in after loading in Heathrow.. not in a default Haneda!.. unless of course, default scenery is the culprit.. which makes my sad self beg for some developer to give us a god damned 64bit executable. ;~;

PS: Weirdest part is that about one year ago, I flew SEA->NRT with no problems at all. Maybe this is all a fault in SP1 maybe not.. :S

Cheers,
John"

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Hi Julian .

this is strange indeed ,

what i don't understand is that VAS started with 2.5 and increase to  3.9-4.0 even with settings at minimum , fresh fsx  with only the 777 installed , Even when just sitting on the runway it increased to 3.04  without flying  or panning vieuws around the aircraft   , while right after the SP1 and 773 came out i could use this 777-300ER with all my settings maxed out  , my VAS was never higher than 2.6 in flight and 3.4 on approach to fsd CYVR , i did  a flight OMDB KIAH OMDB and NZAA KLAX EGLL  ,  LTBA RJAA LTBA , without restarting fsx with no problems  .

Gérard

Interesting Gérard, I departed LIPZ AS Venice to OMDB, 30 mins out I am down to 1.4 GB. yesterday my flight from KDEN to PHNL I landed with 1.5 GB free. Cannot work it out. I will need to save and re start before Dubai, otherwise the bell will start ringing

Will do more testing later, so if I stumble on something, i will post in this thread.

Cheers

Pre-SP1 I flew SEA-NRT with no hitches.

With SP1, my sim dies on Osaka-Narita, over default terrain. xD

I wrote for help to both PMDG and Word Not Allowed

Keep us posted when you get a reply John

Guys until this is fixed we could just enable autosave right? I never needed it, but now it seems like a very useful thing to have.

Set mine to 10min, should be enough.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png