Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

Aerosoft Airports

Dear colleagues, I need advice regarding airports scenery.

So far I bought only FlyTampa airports, and I must say I am spoiled by their quality, and performance.

Problem is that those guys are painfully slow with their release, so my eye is focusing on Aerosoft, as they have plenty of airport sceneries available.

How is quality and performance comparison between FT and Aerosoft ?

Aerosoft - is it worth of money and effort ?, is it performance heavy ?

Opinions appreciated.  

Artur 

Aerosoft for me can be up and down.  Most of their good stuff is developed by well know developers such as 29Palms (as an example), there are a few more but I just can't think of them right now.  Someone will drop by and let you know.  I like their Dublin and Greek sceneries.  No hit on frames for me and are quite detailed.

You should look at ORBX, FSDreamTeam, Flight Beam, 29Palms and Taxi2Gate, just to name a few.

Their sceneries are highly optimised and perform amazingly well.  For me anyway.

Hirdy

I think most of there stuff is disappointing to be honest and it's because I am spoiled with FlightBeam, FlyTamp and FSDT.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Best Aerosoft airports available include the new EDDB - Berlin Brandenburg and ENGM V2 - Oslo Gardemoen.

Some of the 29Palms airports have actually been published by Aerosoft and Taxi2Gate went through a learning curve - they have released very good quality for quite some time now, but I'd thoroughly check their older releases.

Agreed, that EDDB is a superb release by Aerosoft. EDDB Brandenburg, BTW, is a LimeSim/29Palms co-development.

Also Thessaloniki X should be mentioned too. Awesome airport and performing really great.

But as said. Have a look at FSDreamteam, flightbeam and 29Palms. They are the best developer out there. 

Don't get me wrong, FlyTampa is great. But you are right. They need very long.

Philipp Schwaegerl

I am a bit of a scenery junky and have a very large number of airports addons from different developers. Most Aerosoft airports particularly those released over the last 3 or 4 years are of excellent quality IMO but some can be a little performance heavy in terms of FPS rates and VAS usage - for example Mega Airport Dublin, which is of exceptionally good visual quality, might put a strain on some systems, although it does come with a configurator which can be adjusted to help with slower systems. The Mega Airport series in general are particularly good and the quality of many of them IMO approaches that of Fly Tampa, all of whose products I have as I consider that Fly Tampa set the 'gold standard' for FSX airport addons. I currently have around 80 Aerosoft airports installed (plus a few of their smaller airfields bundles) and overall I have been very happy with them but would suggest looking at the product reviews and at the Aerosoft scenery forum before you buy.

I would however agree with some of the other posters who suggest looking at Flightbeam, Taxi 2 Gate (who have brought themselves into the top quality league with their more recent products), Orbx and FSDT. With FSDT however it should be pointed out that some simmers find the Coatl system and Addon Manager which have to be used with them a bit annoying, although the quality of their airports is excellent. Their most recent version of KJFK however although excellent is also quite resource intensive. Other producers who you might want to consider are UK Xtreme for their very high quality range of British airports (but beware their Heathrow is a little resource intensive although again UK Xtreme provide a configurator to help with slower systems), Latin VFR who have also upped their game in recent years and produce quite high quality addons and Pacific Island Simulation.

I haven't bought any of the recently released Japanese airports from Wing Creation, because, although they look excellent, the asking price for these is IMO just too high.

There are a few other developers whose products I would describe as being very good although not quite yet in the top league. These include Drzewiecki Design, Eiresim (but not Dublin which is their oldest product), France VFR, Onet Valley and Thai Creations (the last 2 developers for Asian airports). Tropical Sim have also steadily been improving their products of late (their recent series of Azores airports are particularly good) but they are not quite yet in the top league either and likewise with Imagine Sim.

Bill

Artur,

Clearly you do not have to buy airports from one developer at a time.  Each airport made by each developer will have fans and non-fans.  The fans are not only after quality and performance, though those are very important. Some look for their home airport, or airports their virtual airline services, or use some other criteria.  As such, consider buying airport scenery based on the airport you want over the developer.  

Have fun!

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Here are my favorite Aerosoft Airports:

Skiathos X by 29Palms

Thessaloniki X

Kastellorizo X

ENGM V2 - Oslo

Stavanger X

Fairbanks X by SimWings

Anchorage X by Simwings

Approaching Innsbrook

Madeira

Tahiti X

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Dear colleagues, I need advice regarding airports scenery.

So far I bought only FlyTampa airports, and I must say I am spoiled by their quality, and performance.

Problem is that those guys are painfully slow with their release, so my eye is focusing on Aerosoft, as they have plenty of airport sceneries available.

How is quality and performance comparison between FT and Aerosoft ?

Aerosoft - is it worth of money and effort ?, is it performance heavy ?

Opinions appreciated.  

If you are considering Aerosoft Airports, don't wait too long, they are all on sale till August 3rd at 15% off in SimMarket.

I have their Balearics, Luxembourg, Sion and Nice.

I also had some of these in FS9.

Yep they can be a bit resource hungry, though there are usually options to turn a few things off for lower end systems.

I have found their stuff to be very good quality.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)