Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

777L/w With Sp1 Error - "invalid Route Uplink"

After toying around in the T7 and SP1, I have continued to run into a problem. Interestingly, this issue occurs only on some routes - I do my preflights all the same way and I can't seem to figure out why this problem occurs in about 50% of my flights. I have not yet noticed any correlation between routes etc. Seemingly occurs at random..... :blink:

When I click the button to load the route (provided from Simroutes.com) into the FMC via data-link, an error appears that reads, "Invalid Route Uplink". Soon afterwards, a string of text in FSX appears telling me that the route file has some sort of error with the destination.

Things I have done to try and resolve the problem:

- Searched the forums endlessly

Deleted and re-downloaded new route files for the same pair of airports 

- Read manuals to no avail

- Verified latest installation for the 77L and 77W

Anyways, I sure hope I am overlooking something blatantly obvious or I may now be "hired" as a beta team member for finding an issue as such!  :lol:  :ph34r:  :P

- Ben Cap

How about showing us the route string and telling us if you are using Navigraph or the NavdataPro AIRAC?

DJ

When I click the button to load the route (provided from Simroutes.com) into the FMC via data-link, an error appears that reads, "Invalid Route Uplink". Soon afterwards, a string of text in FSX appears telling me that the route file has some sort of error with the destination.

What's the route pair?

Is there a correlation with a particular destination and the message?

Where did you build the route?

Kyle Rodgers

I had that yesterady when I was making a short test flight. Maybe there was a problem with the destination being the same as the start-airport (I did a short test flight aroound Everett). Just quessing.

What's the route pair?

Is there a correlation with a particular destination and the message?

Where did you build the route?

Did you read the posting?  :blink:

When I click the button to load the route (provided from Simroutes.com)

After toying around in the T7 and SP1, I have continued to run into a problem. Interestingly, this issue occurs only on some routes - I do my preflights all the same way and I can't seem to figure out why this problem occurs in about 50% of my flights. I have not yet noticed any correlation between routes etc. Seemingly occurs at random.....

Did you read the posting?  :blink:

I did.

You said "routes."  I said "destination."  Different concept.  Missed the SimRoutes reference, though.

Regardless, I did ask for route pairs.  Instead of the smart response, you could've at least provided those...

Kyle Rodgers

I did.

You said "routes."  I said "destination."  Different concept.  Missed the SimRoutes reference, though.

Regardless, I did ask for route pairs.  Instead of the smart response, you could've at least provided those...

I'd rather get real help from PMDG via their support portal.

You're going to have to give PMDG more information than you've given us... good luck.

DJ

I'd rather get real help from PMDG via their support portal.

Then why post here?

I gotta be honest with you - just like DJ mentioned - if you want support, you have to give people information.  If people ask for more/specific information, you should provide it.  You were the one who came here for help.  You asked for it, but are - for who even knows what reason - just being belligerent.

If you're going to be a diva next time, don't even bother posting.  Thanks for wasting our collective time.

Kyle Rodgers

If you're going to be a diva next time, don't even bother posting.  Thanks for wasting our collective time.

You're going to have to give PMDG more information than you've given us... good luck.

DJ

Honestly, I apologize for being a straight up jerk. - I have a tendency to be excessively harsh when it comes to support requests. Frankly, being rude ain't gun' do nuthin'.

I should probably step away and take a breather before spouting off on an internet forum next time.  :lol:

Anyways, I found that OMDB(Dubai) as a destination in the route file always will trigger this glitch. - I took the time to do a clean install of the T7 just to narrow it down. (following Ryan's instructions). For some reason, Simroutes.com puts an entry for OMDB that the T7 FMC doesn't like. Any ideas on how to resolve?

Anyways, I found that OMDB(Dubai) as a destination in the route file always will trigger this glitch. - I took the time to do a clean install of the T7 just to narrow it down. (following Ryan's instructions). For some reason, Simroutes.com puts an entry for OMDB that the T7 FMC doesn't like. Any ideas on how to resolve?

I use pfpx  to load my routes to OMDB fly tampa  and have no issues

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The easiest route to resolution is to paste the route string into your message so we (I) can take a look at it and the navdata and see if there is a conflict.  I (we) also need to know if you are using NavdataPro or Navigraph AIRAC data,the cycle you are using, and the cycle you used to generate the route at Simroutes.

DJ

Hmmm... I've been eyeing PFPX for a while now due to the extensive flight planning features that I've seen so far. I'll probably splurge and buy it when I get my next paycheck.

This is the route I used:

KSFO-OMDB 

RBL LKV IMB KS21I YZU 5500N 11500W 6100N 11000W LENOT 7230N 09000W 7700N 08000W 8100N 06000W 8200N 04000W 8200N 02000W 8000N 00000E BJO MAGIR SDA P65 VANOS A74 PELOR G476 OLBAN G476 UREPI B958 BD BD3T FV R11 GUSLI M54 TAVRO M54 ADILA N82 ADANO N77 MAGRI UR654 ZAJ R654 SAV UP574 SYZ G666 ORSAR B416 DESDI

I currently run the latest version of Navigraph AIRAC data. - I'm not sure as to what version Simroutes uses though.

The easiest route to resolution is to paste the route string into your message so we (I) can take a look at it and the navdata and see if there is a conflict.  I (we) also need to know if you are using NavdataPro or Navigraph AIRAC data,the cycle you are using, and the cycle you used to generate the route at Simroutes.

DJ

Here, try this one from SIMROUTES, validated against 1408...RBL J65 LMT YNY LUBIC YSM ALSAB 6900N 10000W 7330N 09000W 7700N 08000W 7900N 07000W 8100N 05000W 8100N 03000W 8000N 01000W 7900N 00000E BJO MAGIR SDA P65 VANOS A74 PELOR G476 BANUD G476 UREPI B958 BD BD3T SW BD3T GEKLA BD3T DK BD3T FV R11 GUSLI M54 TAVRO M54 ADILA N82 ADANO N77 MAGRI UR654 ZAJ R654 SAV UP574 SYZ G666 ORSAR B416 DESDI  .  The one you showed had a  couple of errors in it.

DJ

Note:  I haven't checked to make sure that the SIMROUTE lat/lon pairs are in a format that the T7 accepts.  You might check on that.  I had to modify them slightly to get FSBuild to produce the proper path...