Sign in to follow this  
CODY614

Pa34 Seneca V Gripes

No sub forum yet, so here goes....I usually don't say much about their planes, but I will this time around.

Right out of the gate...How did they miss this?

fsscr232_zps5fe3dfaa.jpg

Then moving on....Texture issues?

fsscr235_zps2f06a522.jpg

My next question is...How can you get the "Message (Airspace Ahead)" to stop flashing?

FSX has been around a while, right? and they had to program the "G600", so why not allow the "Message" prompt to be disabled?

Yes it looks good...and I only spent about an hour with it...So far there is some annoying stuff going on.

I also found some gripes with the TIT lean max is wrong it should be 1650 not 1450 the oxygen is wrong in is on out is off it should be the other way around

Not surprising, every Carenado release comes with issues like these.

The best thing you can do is contact support and tell them about those issues before they release the first service pack.

Not surprising, every Carenado release comes with issues like these.

The best thing you can do is contact support and tell them about those issues before they release the first service pack.

Yeah that's what I meant in the "OP". Just thought they would have "Caught" the little things?

It ain't like they couldn't get volunteers from here to "Beta Test" these planes?

I just wanted to start a thread until the sub forum opens...

I also found some gripes with the TIT lean max is wrong it should be 1650 not 1450 the oxygen is wrong in is on out is off it should be the other way around

"TIT lean max is wrong it should be 1650 not 1450"

Are you talking about the "Placard on the panel?"

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the sound. Is this correct? The sound seems as though it's a combination from their older model and something else they made up! The sound is horrid! !!!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the sound. Is this correct? The sound seems as though it's a combination from their older model and something else they made up! The sound is horrid! !!!

Carenado almost always reuse sounds from their older aircraft. Is there any video of the Seneca V that shows the sounds as well?

What I also found a bit disturbing: I have seen at least 2 posts on their facebook side from not so happy customers that where pointing out several bugs and it looks like they just got deleted...

A video with engine sounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXyaq8FzaOw

I agree sounds are very..mediocre...imho.

I agree sounds are very..mediocre...imho.

Disappointing but not surprising.  Their last few planes have taken the "sound with headphones on" approach which I dont' much care for.  I added the Arezone soundset to the Malibu Mirage which helped.  They do a Seneca II soundset which might do OK for engine sounds.  They're still Continental TSIO-360s, albeit uprated ones with, I think higher top RPMs.

Scott

I still love this aircraft I get what I filled for with normal cruise power settings 29"MP 2400 prop rpm 24gph fuel flow at 10,000 feet it gives me 175ktas

O-kay...Time for another gripe/question.

Does anyone else get the snap back to straight ahead in the cockpit when using "Tab and Mouse" to pan around?

I have TrackIR but don't always use it and I noticed this happening...I traced it back to "CMeteoXml.dll",

If I disable it like "CMeteoXml.dllBAX" it stops snapping, but I lose the weather radar?

A friend says his Razbam MetroLiner does the same thing but it is "MM3SM.dll" that does it with him?

What I also found a bit disturbing: I have seen at least 2 posts on their facebook side from not so happy customers that where pointing out several bugs and it looks like they just got deleted...

I can sorta under why they would delete bugs from Facebook...Not really the place for it...IMHO.

I have TrackIR but don't always use it and I noticed this happening...I traced it back to "CMeteoXml.dll",

If I disable it like "CMeteoXml.dllBAX" it stops snapping, but I lose the weather radar?

I have also disabled the CMeteoXml.dll .. 

First of all, I do not like dll's being added to FSX without my permission, and the weather radar adds

very little content, but does impact performance, so I am not unhappy to see it go..

Bert

Is there a way to change the strobe lights and the rotating beacon????  I want to swap them out with Shockwave lights because the default ones are hardly visible.

Gary

Pleased I avoided this one.    Carenado are just getting them out the door too quickly, to grab the $$$$ in my opinion, and the quality is dropping on each release.  The only thing you can be sure of with a Carenado is high quality modelling and texturing, but the rest of the aircraft (including sound) is becomming rather meh.....

After last few releases, I completely lost any respect to Carenado. Flight models are practically copy-paste, system modeling is horrible, FPS is worse than NGX. They even don't produce new soundsets, I mean really? Every their new plane is not worth over 15 euros, just for eye cany, and even that is under a question mark.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.