Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

L-39, Anyone Still Fly It?

I recently rediscovered Lotus Simulations L-39 and I've been having a ball with it. So much so I did a repaint for it. I choose the number 4 slot aircraft of the RUSS Display team. Their website has some terrific pictures and is well worth a peek: PEEK

here are a few shots of my efforts. There are two versions in the pack, one with and one without drop tanks. See if you can spot which is which. :smile:

russ2a.jpg

russ2.jpg

russ1.jpg

russ3.jpg

russ4.jpg

russ5.jpg

It has been uploaded to AVSIM Library so it should be available any time soon.

Спасибо за заботу

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Thank you Ron.

This is still my fav FSX airplane!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Heck ya! I always fly the RXP variant Reno racer Pipsqueak (fast fast fast!)

I may have included a 2d popup autopilot for those long hauls hehe :)

And awesome paint Ron!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I may have included a 2d popup autopilot for those long hauls hehe :)

Gamer! :rolleyes:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Yep, L-39 is the best jet trainer ever developed for FSX, without thinking. I think it was first add on I bought for FSX, and on my surprise I was blown away by the immersion and complexity and realism. That plane introduced me to a wonderful world of quality aircraft addons for FSX, no doubt.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

The L-39 is still among the best of it's class. I'd be very happy if Michael of Lotus Simulations made a comeback to addon-making.

Oh yes. Took the Czech low vis scheme for a spin out of Fairford prior to RIAT. Good fun if you remember the 90% N2 and airbrake landing tekkers! Take off holding in ground effect is fun too. Amazing what the Breitling guys can do with it. Beautiful model with a unique feel. Shame we haven't seen more (mig 29) from lotussim

I love this plane and have flown it regularly since release. It's my go to aircraft for quick flights to sample new scenery.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

He was working on a new Project, the Furio Falco - but progress has been slow if you look on his forums. I'd pretty much buy anything he made!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Beautiful repaint Ron.  Very stunning scheme.  I was not aware of the RUS demo team.

I have been curious about buying this addon for a long time.

What is the field of vision like in the L-39?  On my 22" screen (and with my 60ish year old eyes)  I don't have EZdoc or Track IR so there is a "sweet spot" in cockpit perspective for me where I have a little peripheral vision and I can still read the info on the Sacred Six.  The RA Scout trio, the AS Twin Otter X and OV10, and the MilViz B55 pretty have this nailed.

As wonderful as Dino's T45 is, I have to be pretty much zoomed into the HUD to read airspeed and rate of climb and lose any peripheral vision.  The redundent steam gauges are located pretty low in the cockpit so if I am zoomed out wide enough to see them, I can't read them.

Obie

I still fly it - it was a ground breaking addon that did many now-standard modelling techniques first. 3D gauges and lighting, the specular glinting off the canopy etc.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Well you can manually set your viewpoint in any aircraft. I think the L39 is readable at zooms above .6 on my widescreen.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

It is my 'Sports-car'. I love after t/o, at 400-500ft above rw,y to make a quick spin and fly above the remaining RWY length inverted.

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////