Sign in to follow this  
777simmer

Fixed Unresponsive Fbw Trim

Due to crashes on exiting FSX I decided to rollback to an image I had taken three weeks ago of my Win7 with FSX system.

Then I installed SP1 again but still had the FSX crash on exit bug.

That one however was solved.

(read here how:)

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/448462-might-have-solved-fsx-crasherror-on-exit/

The other problem I had after installing SP1 for a second time is that I saw the FBW trim speed move while trimming, but absolutely nothing happened to my flight path.

Not even after I let go of the yoke.

I could trim all the way up and down without effect.

Even with the PMDG777 FMC trim nullzone option set at 10 (max).

Now, I use FSUIPC for my yoke axis detection (but not for calibration).

Maybe that has something to do with the problem I had, but to be hones I don't think so.

Because:

My 20 year old CHPro yoke is so old that there are no drivers for it.

So I use the default Win7 drivers and I must calibrate this yoke under windows7 Game Controllers.

It does not matter if I use FSUIPC or not, even FSX without FSUIPC would use the calibration I have done in Windows7 Game Controllers.

AND....after a good nights sleep I thought....you know what, let me recalibrate my yoke....

There is after all this thingy in the FMC about null zone and FBW trim speed!

So I recalibrated my yoke....I did not see a difference to be honest......started up FSX and the PMDG777200.......eh voilla (I like eh voilla).......it trims again :-)

I can only recommend to everyone having trim problems to at least give re-calibration a shot.

Rob Robson