Sign in to follow this  
slimfly

777L/w With Sp1 - Sudden Abnormal Behaviour

Hi there

With the new SP1 everything seems to work nice and smooth here - that is however, until I reach approach to any airport with the AP engaged and the FMC has reached the end of route stage (leaving out RWY and STARS from the FMC).

From here I always let the ATC guide me trough with direction and altitude settings to the runway of their choice.

I do this through turning the still engaged AP setting buttons according to directions from the ATC, at the same time reading out the flapspeed settings from the FMC, etc. A completely normal routine which I have got use to through the years with both the PMDG 777, other 777 and 767 aircraft.

But with the new SP1 (long before receiving/implementing ILS vectors, pushing LOC/APP buttons, etc) the SP1 suddenly goes completely bananas from out of nowhere! Becoming more and more uncontrollable until it reach a stage where I totally loose control of everything - I can't even disengage the AP or anything. Finally it all ends up in a crash to the ground!

Now, if I then try and load a saved stage before the plane went crazy, the loaded flight will then turn out to be incomplete with wrong panel settings, and again I'm not able to control anything! From what I learned in the PMDG forum, there seems to be some problems with the SP1 that the developers already are aware of by now - the question is however if these problems are of a such severe character as my experience, OR if there eventually on top of this, further more could be a bad installation issue in my particular situation...??!! I have already tried a reinstall which didn't help me.

Cheers

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

I already did, actually -  But as it is I have become addicted to the T7 and suffering from severe abstinences and impatience  :smile: 

In fact, It COULD be that someone else have had a similar experience and already know the answer by now...  

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

I had the phenomena happen to me twice. I discovered that my computer clock was set to 2010 (New MB BIOS issue), since then I have not had the issue. I don't think that the system time had anything to do with it but I have not had the issue since then. I'm just as curious as you. I just wanted you to know that you are not the only one. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

PMDG has stated they are aware of this and are working on it for sp1b.

They said a workaround is to have your arrival route in the fmc connected all the way to the runway with no discontinuities

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

I had the phenomena happen to me twice. I discovered that my computer clock was set to 2010 (New MB BIOS issue), since then I have not had the issue. I don't think that the system time had anything to do with it but I have not had the issue since then. I'm just as curious as you. I just wanted you to know that you are not the only one. 

Thanks, I will check my BIOS - just in case...

They said a workaround is to have your arrival route in the fmc connected all the way to the runway with no discontinuities

Okay, okay! Even to the extend of my severe case?...hmmm.

Anyway, thanks so much for your info on a temporary workaround!!!!

I'm off to the skies.. :smile:  

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:

hmmm,,,well, not in any case!

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:

hmmm,,,well, not in any case!

Did you mean to say 'not in my case'?

If so, have you downloaded the new SP1b?

Whether you have or not, make sure you run that as administrator, run the operations center update as administrator, restart computer, run fsx as administrator, then report back.

If all else fails, send a ticket through pmdg's website about what you are trying to accomplish and what is happening in detail

~William Genovese~

Did you mean to say 'not in my case'?

If so, have you downloaded the new SP1b?

Whether you have or not, make sure you run that as administrator, run the operations center update as administrator, restart computer, run fsx as administrator, then report back.

If all else fails, send a ticket through pmdg's website about what you are trying to accomplish and what is happening in detail

OK! But how on earth should I be aware of any update when it's not present in the Operation Center?!

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:

OK! But how on earth should I be aware of any update when it's not present in the Operation Center?!

It's been talked about on the forums for over a week, and there is a big sticky thread at the top of the general forum, and it's mentioned on the homepage of their website, and they announced it on facebook too.

~William Genovese~

It's been talked about on the forums for over a week, and there is a big sticky thread at the top of the general forum, and it's mentioned on the homepage of their website, and they announced it on facebook too.

Souflyer, who and what are you defending and for what purpose..?!

First of all it should be present at the OP centre and not anywhere else on Facebook, etc. - This is suppose to be the main area to track updates!! 

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:

First of all it should be present at the OP centre and not anywhere else on Facebook, etc. - This is suppose to be the main area to track updates!!

Not defending anybody, not angry with anybody. Just using common sense about where to check for info on updates.

Anyhow.....just try what I suggested earlier and see if that solves your problems with vc freezing/loss of control. If it doesn't, send a ticket.

~William Genovese~

Updates are not pushed through OC yet. FB is the last place I would look for pending updates, but FB was mentioned as another medium to obtain information.

You were able to find your way to the 777 forum but not the General forum ? Majority here have been been able to follow updates, but not you ? Why ?

Or you prefer others to do your leg work for you ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The places to look for updates:

1. news page:

http://precisionmanuals.com/

2. updates page:

http://precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/updates.html

Is there any update or resolution to this issue. I have been having the issue for the last three flights. On all three occasions everything is fine including startup, taxi and takeoff and then the the systems begin to shut down and I loose total contrl of the airplane even in manual flight. I have SP1b installed and did a complete reinstall of both 777's plus the SP's. I have submitted a ticket but would like to hear from someone else who is having the issue. Thanks

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg