Sign in to follow this  
slimfly

777L/w With Sp1 - Sudden Abnormal Behaviour

Is there any update or resolution to this issue. I have been having the issue for the last three flights. On all three occasions everything is fine including startup, taxi and takeoff and then the the systems begin to shut down and I loose total contrl of the airplane even in manual flight. I have SP1b installed and did a complete reinstall of both 777's plus the SP's. I have submitted a ticket but would like to hear from someone else who is having the issue. Thanks

when installing sp1b, did you first delete the panel states in the fsx/pmdg/pmdg777x/panelstate folder? If not, then delete them, then run sp1b again as administrator. This is in the readme that came with sp1b, but a lot of people seem to have not read this step.

If that still doesn't solve it, then submit a ticket! PMDG won't know there is a problem if no tickets are submitted through their website

(kyle  im trying to help you out here lol)

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

when installing sp1b, did you first delete the panel states in the fsx/pmdg/pmdg777x/panelstate folder? If not, then delete them, then run sp1b again as administrator. This is in the readme that came with sp1b, but a lot of people seem to have not read this step.

If that still doesn't solve it, then submit a ticket! PMDG won't know there is a problem if no tickets are submitted through their website

Thanks, but I always checkout the ReadMe files before installing, so I'm well aware to delete saved panel states.

I have installed the new 1b fix by now but have not yet tried it, which I will do tonight.

Or you prefer others to do your leg work for you ?

Que..???!

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

This happened to me the other day.  Auto pilot engaged on my way from Auckland to South Pole level at 360. Uncontrollable in all sense...I stopped the Spin? for a little bit by lowering the gear but since I lost control of my yoke during this it didn't matter.  Into the pacific I went. I figured it was the Pole magnetic variation throwing the Flight computer into a crazy state?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd9qa8ogvfM&feature=youtu.be

haha - much appreciated.  Thanks for towing some of the line!

Kyle Rodgers

haha - much appreciated.  Thanks for towing some of the line!

Well just not relevant at all in this case.

As I wrote, I always checkout the ReadMe files before installing, so I'm well aware to delete saved panel states.

I have installed the new 1b fix by now but have not yet tried it, which I will do tonight.

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

Well just not relevant at all in this case.

As I wrote, I always checkout the ReadMe files before installing, so I'm well aware to delete saved panel states.

Not relevant to your issue, perhaps, but a valid point for the other guy who William quoted directly in his post.

Kyle Rodgers

Not relevant to your issue, perhaps, but a valid point for the other guy who William quoted directly in his post.

Yep!, Sorry! - didn't notice the other guy with the same problem

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:

Yep!, Sorry! - didn't notice the other guy here

No worries.  One usually doesn't expect others to jump in the middle of their threads with their own issues, but it happens sometimes.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes I deleted everything including old flights, liveries and folders and reinstalled.  

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

On the subject of SP1b ... I just did the installation and as I understood it, it was supposed to update both the 200LR and the 300ER.  However, when I go to the Operations Center it lists the 200LR as updated but the 300ER as having a new update.  That's not the kicker.  The message shows as follows:

Installed Version 1.10.6036

Available Version 1.10.6061

A New Version is Available

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the message stating the old for the new?  At the moment, I don't know if my 300ER updated, or not.  When launching FSX it asked me to OK the module popups for the update on both aircrafts, but it doesn't seem to show as updated on the Operations Center.  Is this to be expected, or normal?

On the subject of SP1b ... I just did the installation and as I understood it, it was supposed to update both the 200LR and the 300ER.  However, when I go to the Operations Center it lists the 200LR as updated but the 300ER as having a new update.  That's not the kicker.  The message shows as follows:

Installed Version 1.10.6036

Available Version 1.10.6061

A New Version is Available

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the message stating the old for the new?  At the moment, I don't know if my 300ER updated, or not.  When launching FSX it asked me to OK the module popups for the update on both aircrafts, but it doesn't seem to show as updated on the Operations Center.  Is this to be expected, or normal?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/448775-08aug14-sp1b-for-pmdg-777-200lrf-and-300er-released/?p=3053037

Did exactly as instructed in the thread discussion link provided above.  Deleted all flight plans and panel states as suggested.  Installed SP1b as administrator.  Logged into PMDG re-downloaded and installed 777-300ER and now both indicate on Operations Center as having been updated.  HOWEVER, I now have a problem with CTD when using the uplink to retrieve any new flight plans which was not a problem prior to the update.

I thought that I would update this thread with my findings since I had issues. It may help someone who is searching or having the same kind of issues. It seems as though my Asus MBs reset the system time again (my power options keep doing this to but that is another issue) so I reset the CMOS on my MB and I have not had the time reset yet. This is the second time I have changed the clock. I had done it about three weeks ago on this new build and I had not looked at the clock since then. The time reset itself and since I use two computers one for dedicated flightsimming only my old build is what I use to look at the time, surf while flying and use as a media center for my TV as well as playing steam games and origin games on the big screen its pretty awesome actually. So all this to say if you have and Asus card check your time in this case I have not had any issues with the T7 since I corrected the system time, again. Ryan informed me that this is known issue with Asus mother boards and PMDG is not recommending them for builds. Wish I had known this before. Asus has always been rock solid for me in the past. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It has been a know problem with ASUS boards for a while.

I am not affected by it either thankfully.

But I thought they had fixed it by now with a BIOS update.

I am surprised to hear this problem is still dragging on

Rob Robson