Sign in to follow this  
Duglas

Repaint spec dds files problem please help

Hello im currently working on a american repaint an got stuck when it comes to creating a matt finish on the front wheel dors and on the area under fuselage betwen the wings  . The problem is that when creating the specfiles the area that i make matt finish is repeating itself backwards on the fuselage.

Let me explain when i create a spec dds for fuselage2 with a matt area (alpha) for the area betwen the wings it shows up also on fuselage 3 in fsx making a matt area on fuselage 3 wich shuld be coplete gloss. I tried hundreds of things to fix it without luck

any idea what to do?

Thanks

Rolf

Make sure to include all three spec dds files for your livery in your own repaint folder.  If one of your custom texture files is missing then the default spec dds is used.  Make sure when you save your dds files you are flipping vertically and not horizontally. 

Hopefully you've fixed you issue already but if not one of these suggestions will.

Pete Mac Paint

PMDG Graphic Designer

Helo pete and thanks for reply I think i have done what you sugesting but i try again

mayby i have missed something.Been trying to fix this for days.One thing i also notised

is when adding the fuse 3 spec it dosent show up at all after i aplied fuse spec 1 and 2

Its the same for fuse 1 spec It repeat/duplicate itself on fuse 2.

Here are some pics of how it looks.

http://www.fotoknudsen.no/mediafront/share/view/id/5094F23E-44ED-4DDF-8273-FC1BD97707DB

http://www.fotoknudsen.no/mediafront/share/view/id/9EF57210-F205-4131-ABFF-147195DF8B38

http://www.fotoknudsen.no/mediafront/share/view/id/5094F23E-44ED-4DDF-8273-FC1BD97707DB

Rolf Bjornda

Helo pete and thanks for reply I think i have done what you sugesting but i try again

mayby i have missed something.Been trying to fix this for days.One thing i also notised

is when adding the fuse 3 spec it dosent show up at all after i aplied fuse spec 1 and 2

Its the same for fuse 1 spec It repeat/duplicate itself on fuse 2.

Here are some pics of how it looks.

http://www.fotoknuds...73-FC1BD97707DB

http://www.fotoknuds...FF-147195DF8B38

Rolf Bjornda

Rolf,

Just saw your reply. Looking at your pics it seems that you are using the same alpha for fuse sections 2 and 3, tha'st why you're seeing this effect. My suggestion is to go to the commons folder and COPY the fuse 1, 2 & 3 alphas found there and modify those to suit your repaint. Make sure to use the proper file names when you save.

Pete Mac Paint

PMDG Graphic Designer

On further review it's probably simpler to check your fuse 3 alpha.  You're overwriting that file with your fuse 2 alpha.  In essence you have two fuse 2 alphas and no fuse 3 alpha.  Check to make sure you're actually using the fuse 3 alpha.

Pete Mac Paint

PMDG Graphic Designer

Seems i have to give up i tried everything you sugested and much more.

Some things i notised is that i cant do anything to the fuse 3spec whatever i do to try

manipulate spec 3 nothing happens.It seems to be something wrong with fuse 3 so that its impossible to apply a specular file with alpa on that section . i tried everything i can think of.

On fuse 1 everything is fine on fuse 2 i can apply the spec but it duplicates and lays over fuse 3 i tried flipping mirroring changing filenames so on.

Also tried to remove spec 1 and spec 2 and apply only spec 3 to se if it shows up in fsx but it dosent

Can it be that its siply impossible to make a specfile with alpa on fuse 3?

No, there is no problem with the spec 3 file. It's possible your spec 3 file is corrupt. Is it possible for you to re-download the paint kit and use the spec 3 alpha file from that?

Pete Mac Paint

PMDG Graphic Designer

I have now redownloaded the paintkit and tried some more without luck.

I started to work with the 777 200 version instead and there is no problem with that one.

I also tried to reinstall 777 300 .

Today i downloaded a plane from avsim and i discovered that it vas the same problem with that one it vas the american company 777 300. so mayby its something vrong with

my pc

I'll do a bit of experimenting on my end and get back to you. Sorry for your problem.

Pete Mac Paint

PMFG Graphic Designer

Rolf,

I took a look at the fuse 3 alpha and it behaves as expected.  Make sure you're not using pure black (RGB values 0/0/0) for the alpha as that will not work.  You can try an RGB value of 44/44/44 as a starting point and adjust down as desired, but stay away from black.

Pete Mac Paint

PMDG Graphic Designer

Thanks for helping Pete . I got it solved today .It vas the latest minor 777300 update.

I tought i had it installed but after i reinstalled it again the alpha/spec on fuse 3 works

:rolleyes:

Thanks

Rolf Bjornda

Glad you figured that out ;-)

Pete Mac Paint

PMDG Graphic Designer