Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

08AUG14 - SP1b for PMDG 777-200LR/F and 300ER Released

Captains,

A few moments ago we have made live for you the SP1b update that will enhance the stability of the PMDG 777-200LR/F and PMDG 777-300ER products.

As I have mentioned in a few places, thes SP1b update is designed to improve the product stability by eliminating a some lockup/freeze/CTD conditions that we found with user help after the release of SP1 back on 18JUL14.

This update also enhances the stability of the airplane itself by correcting a few conditions that caused some minor instability in the pitch control model of the autoflight system.  Additionally we have done a bit more tweaking with trim behavior to further smooth the pitch channel when flying by hand.

In addition to these changes- we have had occasion to take up a few other minor items, some of which are included in the following list:

[FMS - Setup/Options Pages] 300ER door 5L/R doesn't have a key command entry (abashkatov) - resolved.
[External Model - Geometry] 777-200LR tail strike sensor (jbrown) - resolved.
[General - SDK] SDK user claims variables aren't transmitted (abashkatov) - resolved.
[FMS - Setup/Options Pages] Airplane doesn't return to 1x when in 8x or 16x (abashkatov) - resolved.
[Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Supernumerary oxygen switch missing in 777F VC (vscimone) - resolved.
[AFDS - Pitch Modes] Pitch Oscillations in FLCH descend at low speeds while engines are idling (emvaos) - resolved.
[FREEZES - All Types] CTD when accepting PERF INIT data, or requesting WINDS, DES FORECAST (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
[FMS - Route/Legs Pages] ALTN WXR request causes CTD (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
[systems - Fuel] Fuel Synoptic display when dumping fuel and balancing (rsrandazzo) - resolved.
[General - Unsure] Running the aeroplane out of fuel (rsrandazzo) - resolved.
[FMS - Performance Pages] Flaps based thrust reduction height entry not working in TAKE OFF REF 2/2 page (emvaos) - resolved.
[systems - Fuel] Fuel remaining with MANUAL fuel entry with both engines off or ground ops displays properly (emvaos) - resolved.
[External Model - Geometry] We always knew Vin's head wasn't screwed on right (jbrown) - resolved.
[FREEZES - All Types] Control and Display Freezes being reported to Support (emvaos) - resolved.
[FMS - Route/Legs Pages] ROUTE REQUEST not filtering correctly flight plan names if any characters are placed between origin and destination ICAOs (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
[General - Documentation] Aircraft.cfg identifies 300ER as B773 (rsrandazzo) - resolved.

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION:

You can download the SP1b patch update from our updates page at this location:

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/updates.html

This installer is universal, and will update you from either the v1.0 (Original Release of the 777) or the v1.10 (SP1 Release of the 777).*

*Note that a dozen or so users received "Test Updates" from our tech support team as part of our trouble-shooting/data collection process.  Those users may need to completely reinstall the 777, as this patch will not detect the test versions as valid updates... 

After you have run the installation, run the OPERATIONS CENTER and it will advise you that your Liveries need to be corrected.  Simply click on the menu to authorize the O.C. doing the work for you- and you will be up and running in about 4 seconds...  (This is the beauty of the OC... Remember when you had to install 3,000 liveries by hand?)

UPDATE YOUR 300ER AS WELL:

We made a few minor cosmetic changes to the 300ER models and textures as well, and updated the 300ER installer that is inside your account at our ecommerce system.  These updates are mostly really minor, but if you want the very latest please feel free to grab another copy of the 300ER from your download account.

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?:

We are still working to find/replicate and resolve issues related to FSX Pauses and aircraft heading wandering during time-accelerated flight.  We have no further updates on these two items tonight, but we hope to relatively soon.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

First! Thanks :)

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Thank you so much!!! I don´t really understand how i can update my -300ER... do i have to download the -300ER again? 

I updated SP1b but it didn't go as cleanly as I was expecting. The patch deleted all the texture entries except house in aircraft.cfg for the -200LR/F. Both PMDG and third party liveries. The Ops Center is reporting a lot of orphaned texture folders.

Version info shows 6061 installed but 6036 still available ???

ki9cAAb.jpg

I just downloaded the "new" -300ER version. Is it possible to install this new version over the old one, or do i have to remove the old -300ER expansion? 

I just downloaded the "new" -300ER version. Is it possible to install this new version over the old one, or do i have to remove the old -300ER expansion? 

I installed it over the old 300ER, did a quick test flight no problem.

I updated SP1b but it didn't go as cleanly as I was expecting. The patch deleted all the texture entries except house in aircraft.cfg for the -200LR/F. Both PMDG and third party liveries. The Ops Center is reporting a lot of orphaned texture folders.

Version info shows 6061 installed but 6036 still available ???

If you ran the OC prior to doing the update it should have backed all the cfg entries up and prompted you to restore them on the next run.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

There is an option in the OPS center to restore and repair  liveries.

Peter Osborn

I installed it over the old 300ER, did a quick test flight no problem.

Ok...thank you ...!!! I did the same. Can you tell me whats new on this version? What was "wrong" with the old one?

Thanks guys. 

Downloaded and installed the SP and the 300ER latest. Look forward to trying her out over the weekend.

Douglas

Installed without problems. Uncommanded pitch up on autopilot disconnect is gone. Flaring feels great now! Trim seems much smoother. Thank you PMDG!!!

LABOX4.jpg

PMDG please check, the SP version seems to be still the "Current with Build: 1.10.6036", thus SP1 and not SP1b.

Thanks,

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

If you ran the OC prior to doing the update it should have backed all the cfg entries up and prompted you to restore them on the next run.

I hadn't done that. I didn't see anything in either SP1b threads about running the OC before the update. It only says to run it afterwards. Nor was I aware that running the OC backed up the aircraft.cfg file.

There are aircraft.old files from previous OC runs, but I'm not getting any prompt in the OC to repair the installation, only to delete orphaned texture folders.

Edit:

I've manually copied the relevant lines from the backup file for the 200LR to the aircraft.cfg file. Weirdly although that have been changed by the installer (it shows the new version number) the date and time had not changed so it didn't appear to have been modified. Three entries were not in the backup files so I'll have to redo those from scratch.

The point remains that although I had backup file there the OC didn't do anything with it.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thanks for the update Robert!  I'm sure glad you were able to figure out what was wrong with Vin's head. :lol:

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Thanks for the update!

Is it really necessary to delete SP1 panel states, or is this an instruction left over from the first SP1 installation?  Looks to me like the PMDG-supplied panel states have not changed since the first SP1.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2