• SUBJECT: Line - RCv4 Key Request
  • TO; line - register@jdtllc.com

• FIRST line in the body of the email
    • Product id, including any minus sign
    • an ! character

• Your first name, in case i have to look you up manually

• an ! character

• Your last name, in case i have to look you up manually

• Press the send email button, don’t leave it in your drafts folder. you would not believe how many key requests never reach me for this simple reason.

• The key generator doesn’t need to know why you are requesting a key

• The key generator doesn’t need to know about your new computer

• The key generator doesn’t need to know your age.

• The key generator is a computer program, that is looking for very specific information in a very specific format. get it right, the key will follow quickly.

• just the product id, your name, separated by exclamation points, addressed to register@jdtllc.com, from the email address you entered at the time of purchase, with a subject line of RCv4 Key Request

• Simple.

IF your key isn’t working: 

• Remember to run RC as admin. 
  • Remember to copy and paste the product id exactly (including the negative sign if there is one). if the product id is wrong, or missing a minus sign, just resubmit the key request, following the steps above.

• Remember to copy and paste the key from the registration email. 

• Remember to get rid of any extra spaces at the beginning or end of the key. 

• IF none of these tips help, contact jd@jdtllc.com, and send a screenshot of the registration screen, with the product id and the key pasted into the key field, all clearly visible. This would be a good time to check that the product id you are requesting a key for is the same as in the registration screen.

IF you didn't receive your key:

• Make sure you are using the same email address that you entered at the time of purchase.
  • Check your junk mail folder, your spam filters, your weird spam apps that require me to enter CATCHA phrases (turn it off)

• if you changed your email address, contact jd@jdtllc.com

• If you have requested more than 20 keys in the last year, your keys will be manually released, to thwart thieves from buying one copy, and selling it to all their fellow thieves.

• If you haven’t purchase Radar Contact, you won’t get a key, no matter how hard you try.

IF you need to re-download, contact jd@jdtllc.com

IF you aren’t getting a reply to your emails, remember, if i don’t respond to the first email in 24 hours, i probably won’t reply to the second email you sent 60 seconds after the first. Also keep in mind, $h!t happens. Like today, tornado warnings, high winds, power outages, limbs falling on my house, DSL outages all within 6 hours. i’m not ignoring you. i may not be able to receive your emails, or i may not be able to send emails. you can also contact doug@jdtllc.com, nothing happens to him.

IF you have a technical problem, that isn’t being solved by the experts here on the forum, contact jd@jdtllc.com or doug@jdtllc.com

IF you entered one email address at time of purchase, but using a different email address for key requests, contact jd@jdtllc.com

IF you are getting an error 75, run RC as admin. also make sure your antivirus program knows that rcv4.exe is a safe program.

IF you are getting an error 76, check your flight plan and remove any non alpha/numeric characters from the gates (those would be ?, /, @, $, etc)

IF you are getting an error 9, make sure you have clicked the “rebuild rc scenery database” after every new scenery is added.

IF you are never getting switched to approach, make sure you understand the difference between FL and Feet. Also, don't enter an altitude deviation of 10000 feet.

IF you are being turned around 180 degrees, you missed a checkpoint. make sure you pass within 2 miles of each checkpoint. also, don’t put in a heading deviation of 90 degrees

IF you keep getting told you are off course, remember your fancy FMC is not in charge. if ATC says to fly heading 120, he doesn’t care if the FMC wants you on a heading of 100. Do what the controller says. Also, the controller can't see the pretty pink line on the FMC, even if he could, he wouldn't care. You are not on course by being on that pink line. You are on course if you are flying the heading you were told to.

IF the menus are sluggish or take a long time to display, turn off the display text option in the RC options

IF the keys for the RC menus aren’t working, remember that FS has to be ready to fly, not on a menu, or pick a flight plan, or pick a plane, but running, sitting at the gate at the departure airport BEFORE you press the start rc button.

IF this is all too complicated, contact jd@jdtllc.com

IF you are unhappy, contact jd@jdtllc.com

IF none of this helps, contact jd@jdtllc.com

IF all else fails, contact doug@jdtllc.com - he can fix anything.