Sign in to follow this  
sbclark

Confusion on deleting old panel states

I thought I followed the instructions below in quotes correctly when I installed SP1 (I have not yet installed SP1b). Since I did not make any additions or changes to the RTM panel states that came with the initial 777 install, I basically left them as is when installing SP1. So now I'm beginning to question myself that possibly I should have deleted all the panel states, including RTM panel states............did I make a mistake? I was assuming the installer would automatically replace the RTM previous panel states!

"Old panel states and saved flights made with the RTM version of the airplane are *NOT* compatible with SP1. Delete them all - there are new panel states included that you can use to make your own new ones."

This is a complex update and there are so many ways it could be screwed up if instructions are either not completely clear, or not followed.

If I screwed up, how can I recover?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

I missed this before patching SP1a, so today before installing SP1b, I deleted the panel states and SP1b installed brand new states, so all good now.

23.png

PMDG very quiet considering the confusion??? Waiting for feedback before installing this one.

-Iain Watson-

PMDG very quiet considering the confusion??? Waiting for feedback before installing this one.

I was also initially confused so I just uninstalled the triple 777 and started with a clean slate. So far everything working a treat

Might just do that, it's not much extra hassle.

-Iain Watson-

Might just do that, it's not much extra hassle.

If  you would have read  the read me file  that came with  the sp1b  you would have seen this

NOTE: This patch will update your PMDG 777-200LR/F to make it

compliant to version 1.10.6061, which is also known as "SP1b" in PMDG parlance.

This patch is universal and will update either your originally purchased 777 or

a 777 that has been previously patched to SP1.

This installer will update your 777 installation completely and accurately and does

not require you to conduct a "full reinstallation" of the 777. This installer was

written in order to provide you with a simple, accurate update and it has been tested

on thousands of installations to accurately update your 777.

VERY IMPORTANT: Due to the huge number of changes we made to the 777, we were not able

to maintain backward compatibiltiy with any saved flights. We recommend that you delete

all of your 777 saved flights and panel state files in order to prevent accidentally

loading one of them.

Please enjoy the 777!

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I never modified any panel states..........the ones I have are unchanged since I installed the 777.

So am I supposed to delete every panel state in the FMC regardless if I made any changes or not?

I can understand the ones a person may have modified why they would need to be deleted.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

Bill, FWIW I deleted ALL panel states and re installed SP1B just to be on the safe side

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

So am I supposed to delete every panel state in the FMC regardless if I made any changes or not?

Yes.

all i did after install the updata, del the the file with ext old, same pmdg 737ngx that work

hervy galloway

Do you have panel states from before SP1?

Yes?  Delete them.

No?  You're fine.

If you did not have issues with panel states in the SP1 state (because you followed the original directions and deleted them prior to installing SP1), then you do not need to delete them prior to installing SP1b.

Kyle Rodgers

That paragraph in the SP1b readme should have been clarified more - you do NOT have to delete SP1 panel states - they are compatible with SP1b. The ones that need to be deleted are the ones from the RTM version released last year.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks,

I'll delete the panel states even though I have already installed SP1.

So I assume that SP1b will replace the deleted panel states with the updated panel states?

I guess I tried to "read" too much into the statement in the original readme file.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

So I assume that SP1b will replace the deleted panel states with the updated panel states?

If your issue is resolved that is great; however, you asked this question over two days ago. Anyone who has read this thread since the question is not sure of the answer. I don't think SP1b will replace deleted panel states from the RTM. I think only SP1 would do that. But then I am not 100% certain.

If you still have this issue I would submit a ticket to PMDG at http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx with a link to this thread.

I saved the panel state from SP1 install to another location, and then deleted the new panel state entries.

Next I installed SP1b, and sure enough, SP1b reinstalled the exact same panel state entries as SP1.

I compared each file, and they matched exactly.

As Rob stated, SP1b would take the original RTM up to the latest version.

Thanks,

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2