Sign in to follow this  
snapitbik

Night Environment Next Project Request

Dear Chris, 

We like to request you to consider Singapore as a Next Night Environment Project,. 

Best Regards

Hi Snapitbik

I’m very happy to put Singapore on our to-do list

i will bring this up with Mathijs for consideration

Since so many people own Orbx PNW, would you consider Washington and Oregon?  The Orbx PNW is definately one of the all time favorites.

Also, I loved Orbx Northern California, and your night software absolutely made it a "killer" area...job well done.

ps:  I am holding my breath for France.  Hope it won't be too long.

Hi PDX,

thank you for your kind words

very soon we will focused on U.S. regions specifically

all states will eventually get their NE rendition 

the French team is not far behind completing the project

and with their completion; we have rendered all central Europe

Put me down for Southern Ontario, Canada and upstate New York please! :BigGrin:

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

hello Chris,

i am sure this question must have been put before, and am sure its a preposterous idea to even think about it.. BUT all said and done.. is there a way to add lights etc to the existing buildings towers etc.. i am taking into consideration flytampas kaitak scenery.. i believe that is THE only scenery which provides all together a different experience.. please forgive my if i came out a bit rude.. but this is a suggestion and offcourse my dream to see such night lighting..offered by guys who take the simulation experience to extreme levels of realism.. as i said i just wanted to put this up and i do appreciate and thank you guys for these wonderful products.. cheers

Put me down for Southern Ontario, Canada and upstate New York please!

Thanks Khan, you’re stepping on both my toe's in one sentence there :BigGrin:

Canada is so vast; I’m too scared to load the data

ill try to start with Ontario when we go for it

as for NY, it will have to be the whole state

right now the priority for the region is low

due to many add-on’s already populating this FPS saturated area as is

without NE people are getting OOM there; left right and center

is there a way to add lights etc to the existing buildings towers etc..

Hi Vicky

you are not being rude in any way with your question; I’m just not sure how Kai Tak relates to this

the short answer to your question is yes

technically it can be done by replacing the default FSX night textures with proper textures that render building lighting as well

at the moment Night Environment series is focused on road lighting system

there may be products offered by our Creative Design Studios down the road; to include such features among many others :wink:

well thats great...and i do appreciate your hard work towards providing this community with a great product..though to be frank i do not own any product by you guys yet.. i wanted to know if there is some light tweaking tool to make the bloom enhanced or high etc... i am waiting for you guys to consider the aforementioned suggestion as well as to take up mumbai or entire india  :P as i do most of the flying in and out of mumbai... thanks and cheers again..

you welcome Viki

there is no external tool we provide for bloom enhancement; you can use the default fsx.cfg for that

our next goal is to focus on U.S. continent; India will have to wait until we complete

its just too big to run between projects

its not an issue..infact my pc would not take the load any further and hence i am finalizing over a brand new pc..exclusive for my fsx simulator.. as i believe if u want to have the best results of such products u gotta have a powerful pc to support that.. once more i thank you for considering India and i wish u all the best sir for the current as well as future projects.. as well as replacing the night textures for buildings { if possible }.. have a great day..Chris. 

How about Greenland, Iceland and the Faroe islands?

Greenland should be fairly "easy" (Not knowing anything about the process)  as it is "only" around at the coastline there are roads, but it would really help the island to have a proper night lighting... and Iceland and the FI - well would be just great too...

- and don´t worry - I won´t hunt you for this - like I did Denmark. I am basically a happy man now! :P :P :P

Hi Ole

we are working on France, Norway, Sweden, and Finland

What was that about Greenland and Iceland again? ^_^

Seriously, no way Greenland is getting done anytime soon

It’s absolutely humongous in size, and has no roads in it :wacko:

Iceland… ehh

very low number of roads in relation to the country size,

maybe combining Faroe island with Iceland will be interesting :rolleyes:

Hi as a native portlander, I just wanted to say if you do PNW, make sure to get the decorative bridge lights we have in downtown PDX, as well as a few other structures.

I know you don't do signage, the bridge lights are just blue/green'ish lights to make them look pleasing at night. I would love it if you could do signage, like the White Stag sign next to the burnside bridge.

EDIT: Just clarifying this isn't a demand, just an FYI.

Hm... Probably I know even less about the process of the NE production than zero - because I thought that when there was "no roads" in Greenland, (and you are wrong of course - there ARE roads there, I have been to the westcoast of Greenland twice, and traveled on roads on both occations). :lol: :lol: :lol:

But back on course - I thought that when there was only FEW roads, then it would be easy to do a NE pack from it... Shows how ignorant I am.

Iceland/Faroe Islands in conjunction - me like!

But as I said - no spam from me. I think that the rest of Scandinavia is absolutely great to have covered - and with France done - we Europeans are very well treated... I do much of my flying in Europe, so this is great.

So the above suggestions are merely - suggestions for when you, at some point,  get bored and have nothing to do. :P  B)

Hi Nathan,

i will take a look to see what’s that all about

Ole,

producing NE involves partially running a process similar to making a photoreal

every inch of the country has to be processed and produced into a nightmap with resample

this is why it takes so long and allot of processing power to render each region

we always place a full night layer to cover the whole country, regardless of roads and lights